Job Title: Heavy Duty Mechanic
Department: Mountain Maintenance
Reporting Manager: Manager, Mountain Maintenance
Role Status: Full-time permanent
Our team is dedicated to Grouse Mountain's renowned excellence and its continued growth as Vancouver's premier mountain resort. Grouse Mountain offers a challenging and enjoyable work environment and career development. In exchange for employee excellence, we offer a professional atmosphere, fantastic growth opportunities, unlimited outdoor recreation (including skiing, snowboarding and a variety of summer activities) an inspiring setting and many unique employee privileges.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting repairs and maintenance on a variety of equipment including; snow cats, excavators, industrial and stationary engines, belts, chains, gears, heavy equipment, clutches, coupling and other various heavy equipment
- Typical repairs include but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repairing engines chassis and body components, hydraulic cylinders, brake systems, suspension systems, cooling systems, wheels and tires
- Inspecting machines and discovering any functionality issues
- Troubleshooting reported problems and resolving them in a timely manner
- Road testing vehicles to troubleshoot problems and/or test repairs to ensure proper and safe completion
- Ensuring repairs are carried out according to manufacturer's procedures and in a safe and responsible manner, within the designated time frame.
- Using a large array of hand and power tools
- Maintaining the shop as a safe and healthy working environment
- Performing all other duties as assigned
- Welding and fabrication experience an asset
- Previous ski industry or with related experience preferred
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence
- Good working knowledge of current WCB regulations
- Ability to operate snow mobiles, heavy equipment, ATV’s and 4x4 trucks in a safe and responsible manner
- Good communication skills, self-motivated, mature, dependable, and able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs