Helicopter Ski Guides are responsible for providing the ultimate skiing/boarding experience in the safest possible environment. Must have the ability to provide an exciting and memorable heli-ski vacation while always caring for customer safety and comfort. A professional manner and ability to carry on business with integrity and respect for customers of MWHS is integral to this position.
The hospitality business catering to the elite is a highly competitive business in which consumer taste change dramatically. Our company is built on customer loyalty due to the high levels of service and a very positive image. In order to maintain this image, we must constantly strive to improve our facilities and product to ensure we maintain a competitive edge.
Function and Tasks
- Assisting the Guiding Operations Manager with winter guiding
- Performing safety orientations, including hazard awareness
- Assembling and inspecting necessary supplies and equipment, such as radios, transceivers, shovel packs, etc.
- Wildlife management and reporting
- Planning the ski routes for the day for his or her ski group
- Leading and accompanying individuals and/or groups while advising on safety and emergency measures, techniques, and the use of equipment
- Providing instruction for skiing route selection and safety measures around the helicopter
- Advising guests on specific regulations, following environmental safety guidelines, and preventing violations
- Providing first aid in emergency situations
- May prepare meals for group
- Experienced Heli-Ski Guide (2+ years experience)
- Certified Ski Guide or Mountain Guide (Level 3 Canadian Ski Guide Association preferred)
- Level 2 Avalanche Technician (Canadian Avalanche Association)
- Advanced First Aid Attendant (80+ hours)
- Level 3 Canadian Ski Instructors Association or equivalent (Level 4 preferred)
- Demonstrated ability in guiding in mountainous terrain
- Demonstrated knowledge of the MWHS tenure terrain, to include the Rockies, Cariboos, and Monashees
- Frequent environmental exposure to cold, heat, and water.
- Must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion, and up to 35 pounds regularly.
- Manual dexterity required.
- Travel to the site to and off-site locations required.
- Work both indoors and outdoors.
- Willing and able to work on a seasonal basis.