Powder King Mountain Resort prides itself on delivering the best experience possible to our guests and Staff members which is why we spend a lot of time finding the right person for employment opportunities – are you that person that is highly skilled, passionate about winter, able to provide exceptional customer service who has a “can, will, do attitude”?
Powder King Mountain Resort is looking for a motivated and self-directed individual to join our dynamic team. As the Hostel Manager, you will work closely with the owners to provide exceptional housing services to Powder King guests. You must have cleaning experience as well as general office skills. Desired candidate will have an eye for detail and will be very meticulous. Duties will include, but not be limited to: cleaning of accommodation units, booking reservations, interacting with resort guests and providing exemplary customer service.
Powder King's hostel has 45 rooms of various sizes and bed orientations; the resort is open Thursday to Sunday, except during the Christmas holiday, Spring Break and other statutory holidays. The Hostel Manager position is an integral part of the Powder King Mountain Resort Team. This position works as part of a team at our Resort that provides mountain guests, in the winter, and lake resort guests, in the summer, with convenient and exceptional accommodation and camping experiences. Reporting to the Office Manager and/or Owner(s), responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Key Overall Responsibilities:
- Maintain a professional attitude and represent Powder King Mountain Resort values
- Act as a Powder King Host and ambassador on and off the hill.
- Exceed expectations by going out of your way to assist all guests, being courteous, friendly and informative, ensuring the ultimate customer service experience on the mountain.
- Answer guest inquiries and resolve problems quickly and effectively.
- Foster an atmosphere of safety and co-operation, and promotes positive teamwork amongst your team members as well as in all other Powder King Mountain Resort locations.
- Carry out other related duties as assigned.
Position Specific Responsibilities:
- Maintain detailed organization of guest reservations
- Communicate via radio well with office of reservation changes and customer interactions
- Provide Customer Service
- Clean and reset hostel rooms on a daily basis
- Maintain organization with laundry and inventory
- Check in guests using all check in procedures
- Know all room rates and variations with linens, etc.
- Keep detailed records of guests and sales for transfer to the office
- Ability to operate in a remote area with limited connectivity
- Promptly provide excellent customer service and assistance to guests as required.
- Prior Accommodation/Guest Services and janitorial experience.
- Comfortable using a computer.
- Skilled at providing and creating exceptional customer service opportunities.
- Effective communicator and problem solver.
- Positive personality with a continuous improvement / opportunity creating mindset.
- Able to develop and maintain effective relationships between and across other departments.
- Able to reason and react with quick, thoughtful judgment, while remaining calm under pressure.
- Energetic, professional, attentive to detail.
Wages: Weekly salary based on experience and adaptability which includes accommodations on site.
- Staff season’s pass.
- Very affordable accommodation option.
- Staff discounts.
- A unique and remote mountain ski resort experience with a group of people passionate about mountain lifestyle!
To apply: send your resume and cover letter via email to: [email protected]