RED PROPERTY MANAGEMENT LTD.
Job Title: Houseman and Snow Removal
Reports to: Head Housekeeper
Who Are We
RED Property Management Ltd. is the primary rental management company for a collection of luxury vacation homes and condominiums in Rossland, BC, at the base of Red Resort, a ski and summer resort area. The housekeeping department is a critical piece of the operation to ensure the units are presented in pristine condition for the guests.
What We Do
RED Property Management Ltd. works to be the premier provider of luxury accommodations in Rossland, as well as offering exciting four season recreation activities located at our doorstep. We strive to be the first choice vacation provider in Rossland and the West Kootenays, offering and maintaining high quality accommodations, superior guest services and expanding our seasons of operations and recreational activities.
The Houseman’s main area of responsibility can be condensed as the behind the scenes function that seamlessly creates a backdrop for an impeccable experience at RED. This position is instrumental in maintaining a strong attention to detail and focus on customer service in assisting guest services in ensuring that guest’s needs are attended to. The Houseman interacts closely with guest services, housekeeping and maintenance.
Duties in Detail:
- Snow removal around all walkways and stairs of buildings
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness and maintenance and customer service
- Assisting the front desk with guest requests – e.g. additional towels, troubleshooting equipment
- Work independently and manage time to meet tight deadlines
- Conduct touch-ups of common areas (hallways, amenities room etc) on a weekly basis
- Conduct regular Hot tub maintenance (training will be provided)
- Report any depleted supplies and amenities necessary to perform duties
- Must be able to work well with others and encourage everyone to be their best
- Ensuring all items in the units are functional and in good condition
- Reporting any maintenance/repairs in units
- Must be available for shift work and on-call for snow removal
- Must comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Guidelines
- Assist Housekeeping on an as needed basis
- Baggage handling on a as needed basis
- Any additional tasks assigned
- All applicants must provide a PIC-VS (Police Information Check – Vulnerable Sector) or equivalent, completed within the last 6 months or be willing to have a PIC-VS performed.
- Must be able to work on their feet 8 hours a day in a physically demanding job
- Must be available for busy booking periods
- Must be able to work alone
- Able to lift a minimum of 35lb
- Previous housekeeping experience is an asset
- Personal pride in work
- Must be available to work weekends and potential split shifts on heavy snowfall days
Our Code of conduct
All employees of RED Mountain Resort are expected to adhere to the highest ethical standards in the performance of their duties, to foster an environment of integrity, respect and trust and to preserve and enhance RED’s reputation
The value of integrity, honesty, fairness and respect are essential to create and maintain a workplace that is characterized by civility, professionalism, tolerance, dignity, and freedom from discrimination or harassment.