Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing is seeking a hardworking and entrepreneurial individual to fill the role of HR Coordinator.
The HR Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the overall coordination of Human Resources across the organization in conjunction with the Human Resources Manager. This will be accomplished by implementation of company policies and procedures. The HR Coordinator will assist in areas such as recruitment, training, onboarding, and administrative functions. The length of term for this position is negotiable.
Integrity, passion, and in-person presentational skills are essential for this role. It is very important to represent the company’s corporate image in an exemplary manner demonstrating superior customer service. As a Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing Representative, his/her role will exemplify our brand image as an ambassador and will provide positive brand experiences to all customers.
The company operates in the hospitality industry catering to an elite customer base. This is a highly competitive business in which consumer tastes change dramatically. Work flow is highly seasonal and requires a flexible and adaptive schedule. Our company is built on customer loyalty due to high levels of service and a superior image. In order to maintain this image we must constantly strive to improve our service and product to ensure we maintain a competitive edge.
Function & Tasks:
1. Onboard new employees by providing orientation information packets; reviewing company policies; gathering withholding and other payroll information; explaining and obtaining signatures for benefit programs.
2. Manage employee files and documentation ensuring all necessary information is saved both electronically and in the employee file.
3. Co-chair the staff events committee and take a lead role in the planning and execution of staff events.
4. Post positions on website and on external sites and in print media.
5. Pre-screen and participate in the interview process for select positions under the direction of the Human Resources Manager.
6. Assist with the management of the Employee Referral Program.
7. Assist with the tracking and documentation of employee training.
8. Manage staff housing program in conjunction with the Human Resources Manager.
9. Administer Employee Newsletter/ post information on MWHS Facebook page
10. Coordinator, plan, and organize staff events, including season ending event.
11. Administer Employee Recognition program.
12. Stay informed on new or emerging trends that provide clear benefits to the organization, business partners, and/or customers.
13. Prepare employee references and confirmations of employment in cooperation with supervisors and under the direction of the Human Resources Manager.
14. Conduct exit interviews and analysis to identify reasons for voluntary employee termination.
15. Coordinate and Chair Joint Health & Safety Committee.
16. Coordinate first aid program including monitoring first aid kits, ordering first aid supplies, tracking first aid training, and making first aid program recommendations.
17. Ensure that all employees driving MWHS vehicles have the appropriate license and have provided documentation of their license and drivers abstract. Responsible for upkeep of license binder and tracking documents.
18. Update and manage HR related lists
19. Ensure compliance with applicable federal/provincial/municipal laws, regulations, rules, standards, and guidelines.
20. Build strong relationships with local organizations, recruitment agencies, educational institutions, learning and development suppliers to enable MWHS to achieve our business objectives.
21. Crisis Management: participate in crisis management program and ensure no unauthorized communication with the media.
22. Emergency Response: participate in emergency planning, emergency simulations, and possible real life emergencies as part of the emergency response and base rescue plans.
23. Lead by example (ie professional appearance, attendance/punctuality, etc…).
24. Assist with special projects as assigned by the HR Manager.
25. Be ready and willing to assist in other departments as needed (Front Desk, Marketing, Finance, etc.).
26. May be called upon to perform other duties comparable to the above, as the aforementioned describes only the primary features of the job.
1. Applied skills and experience in an HR related capacity.
2. Human Resources degree or diploma an asset.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of applicable employment, wage and salary laws and regulations and ability to interpret and comply with those.
4. Effective communication skills and strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of management & the organization.
5. Strong presentation, written, and verbal skills.
6. A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid people skills.
7. Politically and culturally sensitive.
8. Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
9. High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
10. Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to staff privacy.
11. Proven ability to work in a dynamic and challenging work environment.
12. High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and proven ability to work under pressure and in a dynamic and challenging work environment.
13. Must have a strong knowledge of written and spoken English.
Benefits of employment include
• Subsidized staff accommodation in private room or residence
• Season completion bonus
• Fitness center
• Staff rate for on-site massage therapy
• Family and friends’ discounts
• Opportunities to ski for free
• Complementary recreation opportunities such as cross-country skiing, snow shoeing, cross country skiing, and hiking
• In-house training and development programs prior to season start
• Numerous volunteer opportunities within the community
• Discounted rates at various hotels in Kamloops, Jasper and Sun Peaks
• Staff meal plan
• 30 % off retail items in our world class boutique
• Guaranteed adventure!