Revelstoke Mountain Resort (RMR) is a division of Canada’s largest privately held hospitality company, Northland Properties Corporation (NPC), and since its inception in 2007, we have gained a reputation for big mountain riding, legendary powder and an authentic Canadian resort town. On mountain investment has resulted in continuous growth and expansion of mountain operations into a year-round business. We have updated our master development plan for both the mountain and base area and are moving forward with our vision of creating the most sought-after destination resort in North America for mountain enthusiasts looking for big mountain adventure with luxury amenities.
In order to execute our plan, we are currently considering candidates for the position of:
Revelstoke Mountain Resort: Human Resources Manager
The successful candidate will join our RMR Senior Leadership Team, reporting to the VP of Operations, and be based at our offices right on the Mountain. They will be a dynamic, hands-on, solution-focused People and Culture Leader, with the ability to support our internal business partners with during an exciting growth phase in our company.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing Human Resources support to employees and the leadership team, and coordinating Human Resources activities including those related to: team engagement, recruiting and retention, team member relations, performance management, reward & recognition programs, facilitating internal communications, benefits/absenteeism management, health & safety program, and general HR administration. The HR Advisor role is critical in fostering high levels of engagement within the team, while supporting the company’s business and financial goals.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Timely and effective first line HR response to team member and leadership team inquiries
- Finding creative ways and venues to source appropriate candidates for all current and future recruitment needs
- Oversight of Full-cycle Recruitment activities from needs analysis to job offer and onboarding, including completion of HR interview for all candidates in conjunction with operational team interviews, immigration support & documentation – tracking TFW work permits, supporting extension applications, etc.
- Assisting with development, coordination, facilitation and tracking of Team Member New Hire Orientation, training & development programs, both mandatory and internal
- Support Performance Management program – updated job descriptions, SOP documentation and maintenance, tracking KPIs, collating training material and supporting service quality assurance
- Planning & execution Resort employee programs and events (recognition, employee surveys, social & sport) to ensure team member engagement and retention
- Maintaining an open-door policy: liaising with VP, Ops in order to provide support to leadership team and employees regarding termination, disciplinary or other concerns
- Partnering with hotel leadership team and employees to ensure compliance with company practices and policies, as well as regulatory requirements.
- Working closely with the Finance team to oversee and audit internal payroll policies & procedures, and manage absenteeism and benefits programs
- Assisting the VP, Ops with regular salary/wage reviews and local surveys to ensure competitiveness within the market
- Making recommendations and assisting in the development of policy/procedure for Team Member Accommodation, currently under construction.
- Support and oversight of the Resorts’ Health & Safety Program, COR Audit process
- Design and implement Employee Housing policies and administration structure
- Any other responsibilities and special projects as required
What will make you successful?
This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated, professional individual, with outstanding verbal & written communication and presentation skills, resourceful problem-solving abilities, and a minimum 3-4 years Human Resources leadership experience in a dynamic environment – preferably in the resort/hospitality industry.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Proven work ethic, high integrity and accountability
- Superior ability to influence and build relationships both internally and externally
- A dedication to service excellence
- A keen interest in supporting growth & development
- High levels of organization skills: the ability to scale up, manage large projects and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- A strong sense of confidentiality, diplomacy and discretion
- A post-secondary degree or certificate, preferably with a concentration in Human Resources leadership
- Computer proficiency, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, HRIS; previous experience with Time & Attendance, ATS programs are preferred
- A passion for mountain life and a desire to be a part of creating an iconic Canadian mountain resort, residency in the Revelstoke vicinity will be required
Please reply on-line or forward resumes to: [email protected]
The Revelstoke Mountain Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.