INSTRUCTOR / RENTAL SHOP TECHNICIAN
Powder King Mountain Resort prides itself on delivering the best experience possible to our guests and Powder King Mountain Resort prides itself on delivering the best experience possible to our guests and Staff members which is why we spend a lot of time finding the right person for employment opportunities – are you that person that is highly skilled, passionate about winter, able to provide exceptional customer service who has a “can, will, do attitude”?
Nestled in the pristine wilderness of the Canadian Rockies, Powder King Resort offers the best of the great outdoors. This hidden gem boasts an amazing annual snowfall of 41 feet and terrain that ranges from breathtaking drops for the adventurous skier, to the gentle groomed slopes of beginner runs.
We have a full-time seasonal (November – April) career opportunity for the right person. The Powder King Team is in search of a certified Ski or Snowboard Instructor who, when not instructing, also works as a Rental Shop Technician to join our team. Wages depend on experience and training. We are looking for a highly skilled and committed individual who is able to provide guests with exemplary service when accessing the rental shop and safe, fun skill development in the lesson environment.
Key Overall Responsibilities:
- Maintain a professional attitude and represent Powder King Mountain Resort values
- Act as a Powder King Host & Ambassador on and off the hill.
- Adhere to the Alpine Responsibility code at all times,
- Wear proper assigned uniform.
- Exceed expectations by going out of your way to assist all guests, being courteous, friendly and informative, ensuring the ultimate customer service experience on the mountain.
- Answer guest inquiries and resolve problems quickly and effectively.
- Foster an atmosphere of safety and co-operation, and promotes positive teamwork amongst your team members as well as in all other Powder King Mountain Resort locations.
- Carry out other related duties as assigned.
Position Specific Responsibilities:
- Provide safe, professional and fun instruction to students of all ages
- Assist students to achieve their goal of improvement
- Provides feedback to students or to students’ parents in regards to progress made in the lesson and what to work on next.
- Immediately report any and all accidents/injuries during lessons to the Snowsports Manager.
- Ensure rental forms are filled out properly and completely including signatures and dates.
- Assist guests with proper selection, fitting and adjustment of equipment.
- Notify Snowsports Manager if equipment is requiring repair or replacement and conduct repairs as directed.
- Works as part of a team to maintains the Rental Shop in clean & organized order.
- Handle cash; including cash balancing and opening/closing duties.
- Accurately operate debit machine and cashier till.
- Clean equipment and maintain tidiness and organization of the store.
- Sell retail products in store (clothing, outdoor gear and other items).
- Accurately and consistently record daily sale details.
- At minimum, a Level 1 instructor's certification through either/both the Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance (CSIA) or Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors (CASI).
- Previous experience in ski/board instruction is preferred
- Previous Rental Shop Technician experience is preferred.
- Cash handling experience.
- Effective communicator and problem solver.
- Skilled at providing and creating exceptional customer service opportunities.
- Are passionate about skiing and/or snowboarding – technical knowledge is a bonus.
- Strong skier/snowboarder.
- Positive personality with a continuous improvement / opportunity creating mindset.
- Able to develop and maintain effective relationships between and across other departments.
Vary upon experience & level of certification. Higher levels, more experience, more money! Hourly rate with hourly bonus when instructing.
- Staff season’s pass.
- Very affordable accommodation option.
- Staff discounts.
- A unique and remote mountain ski resort experience with a group of people passionate about mountain lifestyle!
To apply: send your resume and cover letter via email to: [email protected]