This is a winter seasonal role.
The Interim Rental Repair Manager is accountable for the administration, supervision and operation of the Performance Rental Centre & Repair Shop. This position is responsible for the profits and all controllable expenses including labor, inventory levels, costs of sales and other expenses in the department. The Interim Rental & Repair Manager is also responsible for people management, scheduling, guest service, merchandising and inventory management in the repair and rental location. This role is accountable for the purchase, administration, gross profit and sell-through of all rental goods and accessories, as well as the quality control of all ski and snowboard service & repairs, including maintenance of machinery, tools and equipment. This role will ensure a smooth, profitable and professional operation.
· Be responsible for Rental and Repair Shop revenue growth, cost control, profits and all controllable expenses including labour, inventory levels, cost of sales and other expenses.
· Hire, train, coach and build a successful and enthusiastic team of employees.
· Supervise the Repair and Rental employees to ensure high levels of efficiency and output with an emphasis on guest service and sales.
· Develop a sales and service culture within the rental and repair operations.
· Be a leader in safety, ensuring a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program.
· Meet performance targets for speed, efficiency, sales and quality through leadership and motivation of employees.
· Monitor, maintain and adjust product mix and inventory levels of all rental equipment to maximize profitability.
· Communicate with direct report to discuss planning, sales promotions and advertising campaigns.
· Maintain the Point of Sale system to ensure accurate reporting is achieved.
· Ensure information from management or resort is communicated effectively to team.
· Demonstrate financial growth through the development and execution of business planning, operating and capital budgets associated with the respective units.
· Analyze sales figures and forecast future sales volumes to maximize profits.
· Effectively administer a detailed buying plan and all aspects of inventory management including purchases, counts, adjustments, shrink, reporting, store transfers, warranty returns and special orders.
· Represent Kicking Horse Mountain Resort to suppliers, sponsors and business representatives in a professional and ethical manner.
· Develop and implement procedures for repair shop products and services including ski/snowboard tuning, custom bootfitting, major repairs and machinery maintenance.
· Assist the Retail team with the operation and supervision of our Retail locations.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Have experience with ski and snowboard rentals, including waiver delivery and describing safe use of equipment.
· Have basic knowledge of outdoor equipment, recreation, ski, or related retail shops and procedures.
· Demonstrate previous experience effectively managing or supervising a team.
· Are proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Point of Sale (POS) applications.
· Have passion and enthusiasm for mountain culture, skiing /snowboarding, and the resort environment.
· Have extensive experience with tuning and major repair of ski, snowboard, bicycle equipment.
· Possess a strong background in custom boot fitting.
· Are familiary with Wintersteiger machine operation, including base grinder, stone grinder and ceramic disk edge finisher.
· Are able to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays with varying hours, depending on factors such as weather and visitation levels.
· Are able to withstand brief periods of exposure to extreme weather conditions on resort (cold, wind, snow, altitude), and can lift at least 20 pounds.
· A staff season’s pass for the resort and local mountains.
· Discounts on food, retail and hotels.
· Pro deals.
· Staff events – meet great people who share a passion for the mountain lifestyle!
Interested? Please apply with your resume.
We regret that only those applicants eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship may be considered for seasonal roles.
Application Video: We like to meet all of our candidates in person, but understand that this is difficult for non-locals. We would love to see a brief (≥60 seconds), creative video outlining your thoughts and experience with safety, teamwork, and guest experience. Videos must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo, with the link to your video included in your resume or cover letter. Please note that video applications are not mandatory, but will help you stand out amongst the thousands of resumes we receive annually!