Location: Mt. Washington Alpine Resort, 1 Strathcona Parkway, Mt. Washington, BC
Employment Type: Permanent, Salaried
Reports To: IT Manager
Overlooking the Comox Valley, Campbell River, and the Strait of Georgia, Mt. Washington Alpine Resort is about adventure! We are a boutique resort and operate many of the features of a small village. Our success relies on the effective operation of our technology platforms: from point-of-sale transactions, to telephony, to database management.
We have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated, resourceful, and knowledgeable IT generalist. The right candidate will be comfortable with a bit of "everything", who understands both front-line support as well as back-end IT.
This is not an average IT role. The place of work is at a mountain resort with spectacular views. We operate in all weather conditions. The right candidate must be able to handle stressful situations with guests, be available during weekends and many statutory holidays, and get “hands-on” with equipment, wiring, and infrastructure.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Apply your knowledge to a broad range of technologies
- Learn and develop new skills and knowledge
- Work with, and support, all employees at all levels of the business
- Provide input and be a part of developing IT for the resort.
We offer great benefits! Season’s pass, group benefits, retail discounts and more. Please see our website for more information: https://hr.mountwashington.ca/
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- A people-friendly personality with IT support experience, such as at a help desk, including troubleshooting networks, operating systems, and various software.
- Experience programming, scripting, and/or creating reports.
- An understanding of IT principles and an ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to a varied audience.
- Proven experience with discretely managing confidential information.
- Able to manage tight deadlines in a fast-paced (and at times, stressful) environment.
- Physically able to move and install hardware, climb stairs, and walk and drive to infrastructure and users.
- Experience with Siriusware, Mitel, ADP, or Netsuite would be especially valuable.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and administer networks, workstations, data connections and peripheral equipment.
- Evaluate, install, and monitor computer hardware, software, and applications.
- Monitor and optimize the performance of computer systems and networks; co-ordinate access and use of computer networks.
- Provide problem-solving advice, training and support to network users.
- Administer network traffic and security monitoring software.
- Perform routine network start up and close down, and maintain control records.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Conduct tests and perform security and quality controls.
- Control and monitor e-mail use, Web navigation, and installed software.
- Perform shell scripting or other basic scripting tasks.
- Consult user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions.
- Reproduce, diagnose, and resolve technical problems encountered by users.
- Participate in the redesign of applications and other software.
- Write, modify, integrate, and test software code.
- Maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required.
- Identify and communicate technical problems, processes, and solutions.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of software.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements.
- Assist in the development of logical and physical specifications.
- Other duties as instructed.
Please apply online at: https://hr.mountwashington.ca/jobdescFull.cfm?job_id=221&cat_id=9&unq_id=82
Candidates wishing to pursue employment with Mt. Washington Alpine Resort should exhibit the following traits and competencies:
- Business Acumen: Able to understand the business implications of decisions and the ability to strive to improve organizational performance. Awareness of business issues, processes and outcomes as they impact the guest’s and the organization’s business needs.
- Improving Operations: Has the ability and motivation to apply one’s knowledge and experience for improving upon current modes of operation within Mt. Washington Alpine Resort.
- Empowerment: Able to share responsibility with individuals and groups so that they have a deep sense of commitment and ownership.
- Change Management: Able to support a change initiative that has been mandated within the organization. Can provide the ongoing guidance and support that will maintain enthusiasm and commitment to the change process.
- Communications: Openly communicates in an honest, persuasive and articulate manner.
- People Skills: Treats people fairly, with dignity and integrity, to promote commitment and productivity. Develops others by providing a supportive growth environment and by coaching and mentoring. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills and works cooperatively and effectively within and across organizational units to achieve common goals.
- Relationships/Guest Focus: Seeks and builds internal/external relationships and collaborations. Brings excellence to internal or external guests by focusing efforts on discovering and meeting their needs. Delivers and trains customer service as described in the Above and Beyond
- Results Focus: Focuses efforts on achieving quality results consistent with the MWAR current and future business strategies.