Full time year round position
Reports to: Financial Controller
Working at Whitewater is the opportunity to work with a dynamic team in a fast pace environment. This role is that of a full cycle accountant, well suited for a driven individual looking to grow in their accounting career and be exposed to many areas within the finance world. We are looking for a candidate who has an eye for detail, exceptional organizational skills as well as keen interest in how all elements of accounting contribute to the daily operations of a ski resort.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Maintains strictly confidential payroll information by collecting, calculating, and processing payroll. Records of employment submission.
- Assists with the creation of employment contracts for seasonal staff.
- Recording of day to day business transactions, recording of cash receipts and disbursements, maintaining accounts receivable and accounts payable ledgers, reconciliations such as credit cards, petty cash, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
- Collections on overdue receivables.
- Certain month end journal entries.
- Effective communication with our clients, with government agencies, with our partners and staff;
- Ensure a positive, memorable and outstanding guest experience
- Assisting with the day to day operations of the downtown office
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years accounting/bookkeeping experience, full cycle accounting considered an asset.
- Business Diploma with an accounting focus considered an asset.
- Highly organized and self motivated individual
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including oral and written communication
- Hardworking and trustworthy;
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office computer programs (Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Knowledge in accounting software such as QuickBooks is considered an asset
- Ability to prioritize workload and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks
- Problem solver with a high attention to detail
Submit your application form, cover letter and resume to Nick at [email protected] before January 11th, 2019.