Lift Operator $18.00/ Hour
Kicking Horse Mountain Resort is proud to offer seasonal staff:
• Competitive wages
• Deeply discounted food and beverages
• $1/ hour retention bonus for all staff who complete their contract
• Direct family summer passes
• Free direct shuttle rides to and from work
• Friends and family passes
• So much more!
You are an enthusiastic, integral member of our team, greeting guests as they arrive and ensuring the safe operation of the gondola and chairlift. You prioritize safety and teamwork, while maximizing guest and employee experience. You take pride in providing our guests the best vacation and recreation experience possible.
• Assist guests getting on lifts through friendly guidance and instruction.
• Assist with ticket validation and line management, direct guests appropriately, and assist with loading bikes and equipment.
• Perform inspection and documentation of pre-operational and operational checks.
• Ensure signs, ropes, gates and pylons are in place and maintained for guest and staff safety.
• Safely understand and execute all emergency procedures and safe/standard operating procedures
• Comply with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program.
• Provide an orderly and pleasant environment for our guests by “Owning Your Zone” and undertaking general outdoor housekeeping duties.
• Demonstrate a commitment to exceeding guests’ expectations on a daily basis through work.
• Direct traffic and provide assistance to guests (special events, conditions, and building locations).
• Act as a “Resort Ambassador” to guests by being familiar with various resort products and services.
• Work extended, flexible shifts, including weekends, nights and in extreme weather conditions on resort.
• Have previous experience in a customer service role.
• Have previous experience in an outdoor role – an asset.
• Have a mechanical aptitude or familiarity with chairlifts or similar equipment – an asset.
• Must be physically able to stand and turn, lift up to 30 pounds, and assist adult and children on and off chairlift and/or assist guests with loading equipment (bikes).
More perks to the job:
• A staff pass for downhill biking and hiking.
• Discounts on lift tickets, food, retail and hotels.
• An amazing work environment – meet great people who share a passion for the mountain lifestyle!
To apply for this job please visit skircr.startdate.ca.