The Retail/Rental Manager is accountable for the administration, supervision and operation of the Retail & Rental locations including Kicking Horse Mountain Outfitters, Performance Rental Centre, and the Kicking Horse Brand Store. This role will be accountable for the purchase, administration, and gross profit of all rental and retail goods and services. The Manager is also responsible for people management, scheduling, guest service, merchandising and inventory management.
· Demonstrate financial growth through the development and execution of business planning, operating and capital budgets associated with the respective units.
· Establish targets, administer and track all labour costs, inventory control and management including cost of sales and shrinkage within budgets and proactively communicate variances.
· Analyze sales figures and forecast future sales volumes to maximize profits.
· Meet performance targets for speed, efficiency, sales and quality through leadership and motivation of employees.
· Responsible for profits and all controllable expenses including labour, inventory levels, cost of sales and other expenses.
· Hire, train, and lead a successful and enthusiastic team of employees.
· Develop a sales and service culture within the retail, rental and repair operations.
· Work with the Director of Rental Retail for RCR West to effectively administer a detailed buying plan and all aspects of inventory management including purchases, counts, adjustments, shrink, reporting, store transfers, warranty returns and special orders.
· Develop store promotions, manage product markdowns and effectively merchandise the retail outlets to maximize revenue and gross profit.
· Monitor, maintain and adjust product mix and inventory levels of all rental equipment to maximize profitability.
· Create and implement planning, sales promotions and advertising campaigns.
· Continually provide employees with clear feedback and a formalized performance review.
· Guide and motivate team to increase sales and ensure efficiency.
· Maintain the Point-of-Sale system to ensure accurate reporting is achieved.
· Pursue and develop industry opportunities to grow the business units.
· Represent Kicking Horse Mountain Resort to suppliers, sponsors and business representatives in a professional and ethical manner.
· Occasional assistance to other departments if required.
· Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program.
· Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required.
· Other duties as assigned.
· A minimum 3 years retail experience with 2 or more years of experience in a leadership role.
· A bachelor degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
· Passion and enthusiasm for mountain culture, skiing /snowboarding, and resort environment.
· Proven ability to meet deadlines and financial targets.
· Experience in resort rental operations.
· Outgoing personality with excellent communication skills.
· Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
· Conflict Resolution
· Meaningful Recognition
· Motivating Performance
· Team building
· Service Excellence
· Sales & Persuasion
· Detail Orientation
· Must be able to work flexible hours.
· Standard office environment with standing, light lifting, and some computer work required.
· May be exposed to severe weather conditions on resort (snow, cold, wind).
· Some travel (<10%), including overnight travel, may be required for this role.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com