Please refer to our website.
Position: Lead Mogul Coach (independent contractor)
Reports to: FPSC Board of Directors, Head Coach
Contract Dates: November 1 – April 30 (dry land training and 14-week on-snow season)
Compensation: Based on CFSA qualifications, skills, abilities and experience of the successful candidate.
As a key member of the senior FPSC coaching staff, the Lead Moguls Coach works with other senior coaching staff to design a fun, safe, and effective mogul program for all athletes. This multi-pronged training program will address the needs of athletes in all stages of Freestyle Canada’s Long-term Athlete Development (LTAD) framework. This individual will also be responsible for training and travelling with FPSC’s competitive team athletes as well as providing in-service training for junior coaches.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Act as an ambassador for the Freestyle Panorama team and the sport of Freestyle skiing.
- Foster and maintain FPSC’s outstanding relationship with Panorama Mountain Resort and our parent community.
- Provide a high level of technical moguls coaching and training for FPSC development and competitive athletes.
- Work with our Head Coach to design the mogul training program for all club athletes.
- Support coaching staff through in-service training.
- Assist in mogul course construction and maintenance.
- Attend and coach competitions.
- Attend and participate in FPSC meetings, functions and events.
- Must be physically able to fully undertake teaching responsibilities pertinent to your certification level and discipline in a safe and diligent manner.
- Attend all FPSC scheduled orientation and training programs as requested.
- 2 – 5 years experience in a senior coaching role.
- Professional and current CFSA coaching certification including Air 1-3 Certification.
- Air 4 Acrobatics on Snow is an asset.
- CSIA certification is an asset.
- Making Head Way Concussion eLearning Series.
- Valid Vulnerable Sector check.
- The ability to excel in a collaborative environment.
- A positive, encouraging, and effective coaching style.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
- Submit cover letter, resume, proof of certifications, and a minimum of 2 references to [email protected] by October 25, 2020.