Powder King Mountain Resort prides itself on delivering the best experience possible to our guests and Staff members which is why we spend a lot of time finding the right person for employment opportunities – are you that person that is highly skilled, passionate about winter, able to provide exceptional customer service who has a “can, will, do attitude”?
Nestled in the pristine wilderness of the Canadian Rockies, Powder King Resort offers the best of the great outdoors. This hidden gem boasts an amazing annual snowfall of 41 feet and terrain that ranges from breathtaking drops for the adventurous skier, to the gentle groomed slopes of beginner runs.
We have a full-time seasonal (mid-November – mid-April) career opportunity for the right person. The Powder King Team is in search of Lift Attendants who will act as a Powder King Host and Ambassador and will work as part of a team of lift attendants that provide mountain guests with a safe and memorable experience. Lift Attendants are responsible for the safe and efficient operation of mountain lifts, and the customers that use them. Exceptional customer service provision and adherence to safety standards is expected when helping guests, of all skill levels, load and unload from lifts, in all kinds of weather. As a result, enjoyment of the outdoors is a must!
Key Overall Responsibilities:
- Maintain a professional attitude and represent Powder King Mountain Resort values
- Act as a Powder King Host and ambassador on and off the hill.
- Adhere to the Alpine Responsibility code at all times,
- Wear proper assigned uniform.
- Exceed expectations by going out of your way to assist all guests, being courteous, friendly and informative, ensuring the ultimate customer service experience on the mountain.
- Answer guest inquiries and resolve problems quickly and effectively.
- Foster an atmosphere of safety and co-operation, and promotes positive teamwork amongst your team members as well as in all other Powder King Mountain Resort locations.
- Carry out other related duties as assigned.
Position Specific Responsibilities:
- Operate the assigned lift safely and efficiently.
- Immediately communicate any lift deficiencies to the Lift Supervisor; when or if Lift Supervisor is unable to be reached immediately, communicate any lift deficiencies to the Heavy Duty Mechanic or HD Mechanic Apprentice.
- Provide assistance to guests as required.
- Maintain all operational aspects of the lifts including: ramps, mazes and signs.
- Take direction from and report any and all concerns to the Lift Supervisor.
- Accurately and consistently fill out Daily Time Sheets.
- Effective communicator and problem solver.
- Positive personality with a continuous improvement / opportunity creating mindset.
- Able to develop and maintain effective relationships between and across other departments.
- Skilled at providing and creating exceptional customer service opportunities.
- Competent skier/snowboarder and or willingness to learn.
- Able to reason and react with quick, thoughtful judgment, while remaining calm under pressure.
- Capable of performing physical/manual duties.
- Enjoy working outdoors in all kinds of weather.
Wages dependant on experience and training.
- Staff season’s pass.
- Very affordable accommodation option.
- Staff discounts.
- A unique and remote mountain ski resort experience with a group of people passionate about mountain lifestyle!
To apply: send your resume and cover letter via email to: [email protected]