We are currently hiring Lift Hosts for the 2020-21 winter season. This role is responsible for safe and efficient lift operations at RED Mountain Resort, while providing guests with courteous and friendly service. The successful candidates will be required to follow all COVID-19 safety policies and procedures. There are full-time and part-time seasonal positions available.
- Maintain a high quality, friendly and cooperative relationship with guests, co-workers and all mountain employees.
- Adhere to all operational and safety procedures, focusing on safe and efficient operation of the lifts
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining all operational aspects of the lifts including safety procedures, ramps, mazes, tool and signage
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and housekeeping standards in all areas including tool storage, load/unload areas, lift huts and guest areas
- Responsible for snow and ice removal on lift huts, ramps, and guest areas
- Show extreme awareness of the operating lift and guests at all times
- Carry out all responsibilities with a high level of professionalism
- Perform all tasks as assigned by Lift Operations Manager and/or Lead Hand
- High School Diploma
- Experience in lift operations or customer service roles is preferred
- All candidates must successfully complete the Lift Operations training and examinations.
- Excellent communication skills and able to communicate with employees and guests in a clear and professional manner
- Able to physically perform the duties of the role including swinging chairs, shoveling heavy loads and standing for extended periods of time.
- Able to work outdoors and maintain high service standards during inclement weather conditions
- Must have proficient ski or snowboard abilities
Skills & Abilities
- Possess excellent employee and public relation skills and be of a naturally friendly and cooperative nature
- Mature, energetic, adaptable and dependable with the ability to take initiative and work unsupervised.
- Must be able to reason and react with quick thoughtful judgment, while remaining calm under pressure.
- Will be proficient in English, both written and spoken. Additional language skills are an asset.
- Full-time and part-time shifts are available
- Candidates must be willing to work weekends and holidays
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Wage rate: In accordance with the USW collective agreement.
Please forward resume with covering letter to:
Red Mountain Resort
Attention: Human Resources
Email: [email protected]