Reporting to the Lift Maintenance Manager, the Lift Maintenance Supervisor will supervise and coordinate all on mountain maintenance for the resort lift and mountain electrical systems, including snowmaking plant maintenance pertaining to millwrights and apprentices. The Lift Maintenance Supervisor will coordinate and interact closely with the Lead Electrical and Lead Mechanical to ensure efficient communication and coordination of their respective departments team members. The supervisor is responsible for all maintenance and employees to insure the safe and reliable operation of all equipment in a cost-effective manner.
- Directly supervises all lift maintenance tradespeople to insure the safe and reliable operation of all aerial ropeways in a cost-effective manner.
- Assist with the preparation of lift maintenance budgets,
- Complete timelines for maintenance functions following manufacturers and Panorama Mountain Village procedures and recommendations.
- Anticipating preventative maintenance intervals and recommend maintenance functions (e.g., Gearbox, Bull-wheel bearings, Electric Motor, Haul Rope, NDT, Load Tests)
- Develop preventative maintenance schedules per manufacturer’s recommendations, and provincial regulations.
- Operate within the approved budget.
- Requisition, ordering and inspection of new and repaired parts and equipment.
- Maintaining spare parts inventory
- Recommending critical spare parts inventory.
- Ensuring maintenance records are complete and logbooks are maintained as required.
- Ensure all work is performed as per our safe work procedures and policies.
- Ensure we comply to all industry regulations; WorkSafeBC regulations, CSA Z-98 code, TSBC regulations.
- Assign duties and schedule personnel.
- Involvement in the hiring process for maintenance personnel
- Conduct performance reviews, and disciplinary actions.
- Preform repairs and maintenance on the mountain and in a shop environment.
- Previous experience working with maintenance of various types of aerial ropeway equipment.
- Knowledge of Ski lifts operations and maintenance requirements.
- Industrial equipment repairs an asset.
- Journeyman certification as an Industrial Mechanic (or equivalent experience)
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Demonstrate ability to work as a team with various mountain operations departments.
- Strong leadership and supervisory qualities with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work effectively in stressful situations.
- Ability to handle conflicting priorities.
- Possess strong administrative and computer skills.
- Ability to work at heights and lift heavy equipment.