Full time, Year Round
Wage commensurate with experience
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
We are a small team with broad responsibilities. Reporting to the Maintenance Assistant Manager and following direction from the Trade Qualified Staff, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for the safe operation of the Gondola as well as the maintenance of all mechanical systems, including vehicle, building, water, and septic. This is a generalist role that will suit a person who enjoys a variety of challenging tasks, working with the internal team and outside contractors to make sure that the immediate and long-term maintenance requirements of our essential infrastructure and systems are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively involved in preventative and required maintenance of all lifts and lift maintenance equipment to ensure the safe, uninterrupted operation of the Gondola
- Machinery and equipment installation, preventative maintenance, service, repair and overhaul on all mechanical systems such as vehicle, water, septic and buildings.
- Installing and adjusting machinery and equipment, fabricating parts as needed, rigging, leveling and aligning, and troubleshooting equipment breakdowns
- Adhere to assembly, maintenance, and installation instructions as per manufacturer manuals and specifications
- Maintain records of work completed as per related codes, legislation, and company policy
- Familiarity with conveyor systems, industrial and stationary engines, pumps, belts, chains, gears, clutches, couplings and compressors are all assets
- Operate company equipment safely and effectively
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment
- Report all lift maintenance related activities as required
- Ensure work area(s) are kept safe and clean, report any damage, malfunction, or misuse of any company equipment and/or property
- Assist other departments with general maintenance needs, where required
- Assist in emergency situations
- Assist the lift operations department with opening and closing procedures
- Assist with the training of lift operators and lift maintenance personnel, where required
- Perform all duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Applicants with experience or qualifications in mechanical and maintenance trades, encouraged to apply.
- 2nd or 3rd year millwright apprentice also may be considered
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of detachable passenger ropeways would be an asset
- Experience with small engine or automotive repair
- Working knowledge of hydraulics and Low voltage control
- Building maintenance, carpentry skills would be an asset
- Ability to operate snow mobiles, ATV’s and 4x4 trucks in a safe and responsible manner.
- Willing and able to work shift work, including weekends.
- Physically fit for the job: able to work outside in all weather conditions, at heights and in confined spaces, lift up to 75lbs.
- Self motivated with strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, mature, dependable, and able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
If you answered yes to the questions above, can see yourself performing the duties listed, and have the qualifications we are looking for, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Staff Accommodation may be available, with shared and single rooms, in newly constructed townhomes and apartments at below market rental rates. Please inquire about availability.