Reports to: Maintenance & Lifts Supervisor/ Operations Manager
Terms of Employment: Full-time, year-round
Expected Start Date: May 24, 2021
Who we are:
Baldy Mountain Resort is a family focused resort located in the South Okanagan, BC – and in operation since 1968. Our focus is to continually build fun experiences that leave lasting impressions with our guests and staff, as they create mountain memories. If this sounds like a culture you would like to be a part of, then check out this opportunity!
The Lift Mechanic is responsible for the maintenance and operation of the Baldy Mountain Resort (BMR) chairlifts, Magic Carpet and T-Bar. You will assist in supervising lift operations staff to ensure that all BMR guests have a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Ensure the day-to-day maintenance requirements of the BMR lift maintenance program are met.
- Identify and correct any deficiencies on lifts and lift related components while adhering to manufacturer specifications and guidelines.
- Assist lift operations in the daily opening and closing duties and procedures.
- Communicate all lift maintenance activities to the supervisor and manager.
- Ensure proper record keeping of all maintenance activities as per applicable codes, regulations and company policy.
- Assist in supervising the daily operations of the lifts and operators to ensure safe, clean, and consistent maintenance and operations for our guests.
- Interact professionally with lift operations staff and assist with the training of lift operators and lift maintenance personnel, where required.
- Ensure compliance with all BMR policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook, the current CSA Z98 code and legislation and the BC Safety Act, as they relate to the current lifts and lift maintenance practices.
- Monitoring and maintaining parts inventory.
- Operate company equipment safely and effectively as per company policies and procedures.
- Assist in emergency situations, where required
- Assist with any rope evacuations, where required
- Follow proper radio protocols per company policy.
- Ensure work area(s) are kept clean, organized and safe, report any damage, malfunction, or misuse of any company equipment and/or property.
- Follow and practice safe work procedures at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certified Journeyman Millwright (preferred), heavy duty mechanic, electrician
- 3 or more years of ski industry experience is preferred.
- 2 or more years of lift maintenance experience is preferred.
- Complete familiarity with the current WorkSafeBC regulations, CSA Z98 code and the BC Safety Act and Elevating devices regulations.
- Successful completion of the Selkirk College lift mechanic courses is preferred – Lift 151 Surface Lifts and Lift 152 Fixed Grip Ski Lifts.
- Strong leadership, communication, management, administrative and personnel skills
- Must be a team player and able to work well with others while maintaining a calm & positive attitude, sometimes during high stress
- Good physical condition (ability to lift heavy objects and constantly walking on uneven ground & must be comfortable working at heights.)
- Ability to work outside for extended periods in adverse weather conditions.
- Climbing and belay experience an asset.
- Intermediate to advanced skiing or snowboarding ability.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license & clean driver’s abstract
- Must be willing to travel to the mountain and work weekends and holidays as required.
- Knowledge of PLC electrical systems and components.
- Welding ticket is an asset.
- Previous snowmobile experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of hydraulics and machining.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other basic computer systems and applications.
To apply, please send a copies of your cover letter, resume and relevant qualifications to Randy Murphy at [email protected] with the email subject line “Application: Lift Mechanic”.