Reports to: Outside Operations Manager
Hudson Bay Mountain Resort is a community focused ski resort located 20km west of Smithers in beautiful Northern British Columbia. In operation since 1969 Hudson Bay Mountain Resort offers over 300 acres of skiable terrain and over 500 meters of lift accessed vertical, offering a wide variety of terrain, for beginners, novice and advanced skiers and snowboarders.
The position of Lift Mechanic is a full-time, potentially year round job with a significant amount of responsibility attached. Lift mechanics maintain, repair and troubleshoot lift equipment as well as assist Lift Operations with the start up and shut down of the lifts daily. They also read diagrams and manufacturer’s manuals, fit bearings, rebuild sheave trains, service grips and perform other mechanical procedures requiring specialized training. They work at great heights, in all weather conditions, at any time of the day or night.
Certifications, experience and qualifications in working with ski resort vehicles (snow cats, heavy equipment, snowmobiles and passenger vehicles) is also required.
- Education: Millwright with ski industry specific experience
- Must be self-motivated, mature, dependable, timely and able to work well with others
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills; expressing ideas clearly and actively listen to thoughts and ideas of others
- Willing and able to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to work at excessive heights
- Ability to lift 50+ Lbs
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Ability to operate snowmobiles, ATVs and 4×4 trucks in a safe and responsible manner
- Operators certificates for associated industrial equipment an asset
- Good working knowledge of current WCB regulations
- Required tools
- Ability to complete written logs
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to handle moderate physical lifting and movement
- Knowledge of basic math
- Good organization and attention to details
- Must have adequate computer skills to complete the functions of the job
- To perform all duties assigned by Lift Maintenance Manager and Lead hand
- Ensure all lifts are maintained to Z-98 code and manufacturer’s recommendations
- Assist in emergency situations
- Report and rectify any unsafe situations
- Conduct proper start up and shut down operations
- Keep a clean, organized and safe work environment
- Use courtesy and respect when dealing with management, staff, co-workers, and guests at all times
- Learn all laws pertaining to lift maintenance mechanics.
- Pursue ongoing education and training pertaining to lift maintenance.
- Perform all daily, weekly, monthly lift checks.