Do you love exploring and playing in the outdoors, making new friends, hanging around the campfire, canoeing, kayaking, stand up paddleboarding, snowboarding, skiing, and snowshoeing? Well we have that, and more. Manning Park Resort is a year round resort located between Hope and Princeton, BC. If you are ready to leave the hustle and bustle of city life, and enjoy outdoor fun and adventure, this is a great place to work. Staff housing is available, so your dream of living in the mountains is part of your adventure at Manning Park Resort.
Manning Park Resort is seeking a full-time, year-round, lift mechanic. The candidate will be comfortable working on surface lifts, and aerial lifts such as a 2019 Dopplemayr fixed grip quad, and a 1967 Murray Latta fixed grip double chair. The lift mechanic will maintain, repair and troubleshoot the lift equipment, assist lift operations with the start up and shut down of the lifts daily, and maintain, repair, and troubleshoot graders, loaders, snowcat equipment and snowmobiles. They also will be required to read diagrams and manufacturers’ manuals, fit bearings, rebuild sheave trains, service grips and perform other mechanical procedures requiring specialized training. You must be comfortable working at great heights, in all weather conditions, at any time of the day or night.
Responsibilities include: (but not limited to)
* To perform all duties assigned by Lift Maintenance Lead hand and Operations Manager
* Ensure all lifts are maintained to CSA Z-98 code and manufacturer’s recommendations
* Assist in emergency situations
* Report and rectify any unsafe situations
* Keep a clean, organized and safe work environment
* Use courtesy and respect when dealing with management, staff, co-workers, and guests at all times
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
* Millwright or apprentice with ski industry experience
* Good communications skills, self-motivated, mature, dependable, timely and able to work well with others
* Willing and able to work in all weather conditions
* Ability to work at excessive heights
* Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
* Ability to operate graders, loaders, snowmobiles, snowcats, ATVs and 4×4 trucks in a safe and responsible manner
* Operators certificates for associated industrial equipment an asset
* Good working knowledge of current WorkSafe BC regulations
* Required tools
Candidates with a minimum of 3 years experience are preferred.
* Free staff housing (just a nominal utilities charge)
* Free season pass for all activities
* Food and retail discounts to the Country Store, Pinewoods Restaurant and Bear's Den Pub