Work, Live and Play
Sun Peaks Resort LLP has proven to be one of the highest levels of guest service providers within the ski industry. We can promise you a memorable and gainful working experience within our high volume and challenging work environments. Sun Peaks Resort LLP has many benefits to offer our employees including:
- Full access Winter Season Alpine Lift and Nordic Trail passes
- Full access Summer Alpine Hike and Downhill Bike season passes
- Employee access Golf Membership and discounted Golf Cart season pass
- Extended Medical and Dental benefits after 3 month probation period
- Participation in the RRSP and matching DPSP programs
- Staff Housing available to employees 19+ years of age
- Staff Recognition Dinners and Events
- Company wide discounts
- Discounted day tickets at participating BC ski resorts and bike parks
- Full access to the Employee and Family Assistance Program provided through Homewood Health
- Network and interact with our diverse culture
A Lift Mechanic is a certified Millwright or Heavy Duty Mechanic who is busy full time, year round helping to ensure that all our chair lifts, surface lifts and passenger conveyors operate without interruption. During winter and summer operational periods, lift mechanics start-up and monitor lift operations and respond to problems and emergencies. During down periods they are busy performing required maintenance and special projects.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Perform scheduled and un-scheduled maintenance on all lifts in accordance with company requirements, manufacture’s recommendations and the CSA Z-98 code requirements.
- Perform all work to a high professional standard
- Maintain professional and credible representation of Sun Peaks Resort LLP Lift Maintenance Department at all times.
- Assist in building and maintaining a strong preventative maintenance program.
- Work closely with the Lift Maintenance Manager, report all pertinent information.
- Mentor, train, and oversee apprentices and other workers assigned to work with you to ensure safety and efficiency, and avoid equipment damage.
- Always follow all safety procedures as required
- Report and rectify any unsafe situations.
- Respond to lift down calls with passengers online
- To assist in any emergency situations such as lift evacuations, search and rescue, fire fighting etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid BC Class 5 BC driver's license
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic or Millwright
- Lift 151, 152, 153 courses, can be obtained after being beginning employment
- Familiarity with the CSA-Z98 code and the B.C. Safety Act and Elevating devices regulations
- Previous lift maintenance or ski area experience is an asset
- Good working knowledge of the current OH&S regulations as they pertain to lift maintenance
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with others
- Must be able to maintain a calm, friendly manner under periods of stress and demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position such as lifting 50lbs, walking through difficult terrain, climbing lift towers, etc.
- Willing and able to work in all weather conditions.
- Able to operate snowmobiles, ATVs and 4x4 trucks in a safe and responsible manner.
- Flexibility with schedule, weekend and holiday coverage required and some night shifts
- Self-motivated, professional, dependable, timely, cooperative and able to work with others with minimal supervision.
- Strong desire for a career in the Ski industry
Enjoy the natural mountain environment and fresh air. Sun Peaks mountain is a smoke-free environment.
To maintain a welcoming environment for all our guests and protect our natural surroundings, effective August 01, 2019, smoking of any kind is strictly prohibited anywhere on the Sun Peaks mountain areas. Designated smoking areas will be limited to the village base.