Work, Live and Play
Sun Peaks Resort LLP has proven to be one of the highest levels of guest service providers within the ski industry. We can promise you a memorable and gainful working experience within our high volume and challenging work environments. Sun Peaks Resort LLP has many benefits to offer our employees including:
- Winter Alpine and Nordic Employee Pass
- Summer Lift Employee Pass and Golf Membership
- Reciprocal Pass Program
- Comprehensive Health Benefits Program
- RRSP and Company Matching Program
- Monthly Staff Recognition Events
- Company-wide discounts, including Food and Beverage, Retail and Sports School
- Staff Housing, available to those 19 years +
- Network and interact with our diverse culture
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Perform scheduled and un-scheduled maintenance on all lifts in accordance with the manufacture’s recommendations and the CSA Z-98 code.
- Assist in building and maintaining a strong preventative maintenance program.
- Work closely with Lift Maintenance Manager/ Director of Maintenance to keep him/her informed of all pertinent information.
- Mentor, train, and oversee apprentices and other workers assigned to work with you to ensure safety and efficiency, and avoid equipment damage.
- Work well with other journeypersons as required ensuring safety and efficiency, and avoiding equipment damage.
- Keep a clean, organized, safe work environment.
- Assist in the maintenance of spare parts inventories.
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic or Millwright
- Previous lift maintenance experience is an asset
- Familiarity with the CSA-Z98 code and the B.C. Safety Act and Elevating devices regulations.
- Good working knowledge of the current OH&S regulations as they pertain to lift maintenance.
- Good communication skills with the ability to work with others.
- Must be able to maintain a calm, friendly manner under periods of stress and demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Valid BC Class 5 driver's license.
- Good physical condition and able to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Able to climb towers and work at heights in adverse weather conditions.
- Able to operate snowmobiles, ATVs and 4x4 trucks in a safe and responsible manner.
- Flexibility with schedule, weekend and holiday coverage required and some night shifts.
- Self-motivated, dependable, timely, cooperative and able to work with others with minimal supervision.
- Strong desire for a career in the Ski industry