Reports to: Outside Operations Manager
Hudson Bay Mountain Resort is a community focused ski resort located 20km west of Smithers in beautiful Northern British Columbia. In operation since 1969 Hudson Bay Mountain Resort offers over 300 acres of skiable terrain and over 500 meters of lift accessed vertical, offering a wide variety of terrain, for beginners, novice and advanced skiers and snowboarders.
Our Lift Operator Team is the front line of Guest interactions and experience at Hudson Bay Mountain Resort. Lift Operators will have the most amounts of interactions with our guests during their visit and have the ability to make the guest experience an exceptional one.
Lift Operators are also responsible for opening, closing and maintaining the Terrain Parks.
- Adherence to all operational and safety procedures, thus ensuring safe operation of lifts
- Providing a high quality, friendly and cooperative relationship with our guests and mountain team
- Communicating effectively by two-way radio, using HBMR protocols
- Checking lift tickets and passes diligently as well as recording and reporting people who violate rules of the lifts and the “Alpine Responsibility Code”
- Knowing the different types of passes and how to tell a fake or misused pass
- Open, close and maintain the Terrain Parks, while abiding by HBMR’s policies
- General housekeeping and maintenance of all operational aspects of assigned lift, including, but not limited to: ramps, mazes, line control, tools and signs & any required shoveling of snow & snow maintenance (be it at a lift station or elsewhere on the mountain)
- Ensuring area is groomed, uncluttered and litter free in and around the lift station
- Neat, accurate, and complete daily record keeping
- Reporting any hazards or concerns to the Outside Operations Manager
- Complying with all procedures and policies as set out in the HBMR Team Manual
- Carrying out duties with the highest level of professionalism and courtesy
- Have and promote good interdepartmental relations
- All other duties as assigned and required
- Ability to ski or snowboard at an intermediate (or better) level
- Excellent guest service skills, always looking to improve the guests experience
- Being a team player, having a cooperative, helpful and friendly attitude
- Strong communication skills, being able to relay information in a concise clear way
- Good physical condition
- Mature, energetic, dependable
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to reason and react with quick, thoughtful judgment
- Ability to work in adverse conditions
- Be neat, clean and alert!
Job Types: Part-time, Contract