Castle Mountain Resort is currently recruiting Lift Operators. This is a team position running from December 2020 until Early April, 2010. Interviews and selection will not begin until September 1, 2020.
About Castle Mountain Resort
Nestled in the southwestern corner of Alberta, in the rugged and legendary Canadian Rockies, Castle is as authentic as it gets. Hard working, hospitable, and here for the powder is what we’re all about. With less than 200 employees we’re a small, passionate team of winter enthusiasts. Here, we’re all family and you will quickly find you are right at home. If this sounds like you, then we want you to join us.
Our resort is not owned or operated by a large ski conglomerate; rather by a bunch of local skiers and riders who are passionate about steep terrain and great snow. Operational decisions are made here (head office = the basement of the day lodge) and our long term direction is plotted by a group of passionate, volunteer directors who represent more than 200, predominately local shareholders.
More Info at: https://www.skicastle.ca/employment/
You will play an important role interacting daily with our guests as they utilize Castle’s lifts. You will load and unload guests from the lifts in a proper, efficient, and courteous manner. You will inspect, record, and report the condition of lift machinery, and maintain appropriate and safe levels of snow throughout the lift station. Directing morning traffic in the parking lots will also be part of your responsibilities. You will be an ambassador for Castle Mountain Resort, with extensive knowledge of the mountain, conditions of runs, and current events happening in the Village. As with all departments, a smile is part of your uniform.
- Foster excellent guest relations through positive interaction with guests.
- Answer guest questions by being familiar with Castle Mountain’s layout, products, services and current conditions or by asking someone who can answer the guest's question.
- Handle upset guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Actively direct and assist the proper, efficient and safe loading and unloading of all guests of all ability levels, through constant communication, awareness, and decision making.
- Communicate safety procedures and rules for riding the lifts to the customers as necessary.
- Organize passengers into groups of 2 or 3 (depending on lift) to fill chairs and move lift lines efficiently.
- Maintain lift maze area, including shoveling and raking as necessary .
- Execute daily pre-operational inspection of lift machinery in order to accurately complete a legal lift-log document.
- Check to ensure every skier or snowboarder has a valid day ticket or season pass each time before boarding the lift and identify fraudulent or counterfeit ticket use.
- Direct motorists to parking areas or parking spaces, using hand signals as necessary.
- Knowledgeably and efficiently administer emergency procedures if required.
- Successfully cope with all conditions associated with this position.
General Skills and qualifications
- Previous lift operating experience an asset.
- You must successfully complete the lift operations/training session during your training week at CMR.
- Novice to intermediate skiing or snowboarding ability.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Able to work in sub-zero temperatures for long periods of time.
- Friendly and personable.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Preference will be given to local and regional candidates.
- International candidates must have a valid open work visa.
This position involves working outside in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, snow, wind and rain, on varied snow surfaces, and requires standing for the majority of the scheduled shift. Some physical exertion is required to assist in the continuous loading of lifts.
$15.00 - $15.76 (based on experience & years of service at CMR)
Period of Employment
Start date will be the commencing early December 2020 end date or early April 2021. Please note this is a seasonal position.