Website Grouse Mountain Resort
Job Title: Winter Lift Operator
Location: North Vancouver
Department: Mountain Operations
Reports to: Manager, Duty
Role Status: Full/Part time– Seasonal – Hourly
Grouse Mountain offers a challenging and enjoyable work environment with a world of career opportunity. Our team is dedicated to Grouse Mountain’s renowned excellence and its continued growth as Vancouver’s premier mountain resort. In exchange for employee excellence, we offer a professional atmosphere, fantastic growth opportunities, unlimited outdoor recreation (including skiing and snowboarding) an inspiring setting and many unique employee privileges.
Scope of the Job:
As a Winter Lift Operator, you are responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the mountain chairlifts; including start up and shut down procedures, greeting guests, and providing physical assistance when required. With direct supervision from the Duty Manager, the Winter Lift Operator is expected to deliver a safe and exceptional experience for all mountain guests.
- Greeting every guest with a smile and friendly comment
- Providing physical assistance to guests loading or unloading from the chairlift
- Listening and reacting to guests; seeking additional information from lead hand or supervisor in order to answer guest inquiries
- Communicating to guests using “Sure We Can” philosophy
- Maintaining a high quality, friendly and cooperative relationship with guests and mountain staff
- Operating conveyor, fixed-grip and detachable lifts safely and efficiently following guidelines established by the supervisor and Z98 code (aerial lift code book) and the lift operators manual
- Notifying lead hand or supervisor in the event of unsafe, unusual, abnormal situations or incidents
- Preparing and completing documentation required by BC Safety Authority
- Controlling line-ups by directing guests to appropriate queues
- Shoveling snow from load/unload ramps, raking and grooming ramps
- Assisting transport with manual labour tasks; digging in winter signage
- Keeping lift stations clear of snow and ice, and keeping lift huts, tools and loading/unloading areas clear of clutter
- Providing lift passengers with dry, de-iced seats and maintaining them during periods of precipitation
- Other duties as assigned
This position reports directly to the Mountain Operations Duty Manager with no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Skiing or Snowboarding experience preferred
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide excellent guest service at all times, especially during periods of inclement weather
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Able to work morning and evening shifts as well as some holidays
- Must enjoy working outdoors in varied weather conditions
- On-the-job training provided
Winter Lift Operators perform most of their duties outdoors and may work in all different kinds of weather conditions. Hours of operation are weather dependent. Due to the nature of the business, this position requires flexibility in terms of your work schedule. A variety of work schedules may include rotation of shifts, day/evening shifts, and weekends and statutory holidays. Shifts require standing for long periods of time and physical assistance of guests loading the chairlift.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org