Lift Host & Parking Attendant
Start Date: March End Date: Mid September
Hours Per Week: 10-20, weekend work required
Wages: $13.25/hour training, $14.00 to start
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
Our Lift Hosts are often the first interaction our guests have with the Gondola, making this position vitally important to ensuring the experience in exceptional. Welcoming guests to the gondola, answering questions about activities and programming, ensuring all guest have a valid ticket by scanning passes, and making sure guests get onto the Gondola in a safe manner make up the daily activities involved in this role.
- Do you love working outside and are comfortable working in all types of weather?
- Do you enjoy striking up conversation with people from all around the world?
- Do you find yourself thinking safety in all that you do?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet each and every guest in a friendly manner, making eye contact whenever possible
- Strive to assist the guest before the guest asks and provide physical assistance when required
- Adhere to all operational and safety procedures; ensuring safe efficient operation of the lift
- Scan guest tickets accurately
- Keep all areas tidy, uncluttered, and littler free
- Prepare and complete required documents
- Continually remain aware of the mechanical lift and the guests
- Assist other departments as needed
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Experience working in a front line, guest facing position
- Excellent employee and public relations skills
- Energetic, dependable, and self-motivated
- Able to reason and react with quick, thoughtful judgment, while remaining calm under pressure
- Capable of performing physical/manual duties and meet the grooming standards
- First Aid Training and BC Driver’s License is an asset
If you answered yes to the questions above, can see yourself performing the duties listed, and have the qualifications we are looking for, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Staff Accommodation is available, with shared and single rooms, in newly constructed houses and apartments.