Welcome to Pass Powderkeg Ski Area! Located the Crowsnest Pass, PPK is a not for profit, municipal facility focused on creating affordable recreation for families within the area and throughout Alberta.
Our staff make up the heart of our organization and help bring our mission to life. They jump to go the extra mile and work as a team to make PPK a fun place to be. We look for people who have a positive attitude, a passion for skiing and snowboarding and an interest in providing the best experience to our guests.
Our ski season runs from mid-November to late March, with our days of operation being Wednesday through Sunday (7 days a week during holiday weeks). Our season requires flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
The Lodge Supervisor supervises lodge operations, including, but not limited to, the ticket office, rental shop, and food and beverage, as well as supervising cleaning of the lodge, cash management and supply ordering for Pass Powderkeg. The role will also assist in the creation of marketing materials, blogs and email newsletters. This position has a key role in insuring we are exceeding guest expectations by creating a friendly, inviting atmosphere.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional guest service
- Oversee lodge opening and/or closing
- Staff scheduling for the ticket office, rental shop and food and beverage.
- Process sales, revenue reports, sales reconciliations and other cash management procedures
- Assist in waiver training for staff, and ensure waivers are being completed accurately.
- Order lodge supplies, including but not limited to janitorial, office supplies, food and beverages
- Monitor and report retail sales and manage inventory.
- Set bindings and fit equipment for guests
- Answer phone calls and emails from public and staff
- Provide ongoing communication between shifts, with supervisors and with staff. Ensure all methods of communication are correct and updated regularly
- Maintain required records, reports and other documentation as required.
- Ensure health and safety of workers under your direction, and escalate any safety concerns to Operations Manager
- Adhere to all policies, procedures and standards set by Pass Powderkeg including manuals, training and employment standards.
- Assist in creation of marketing materials, blog posts and other communication projects.
- Administrative or sales related experience within a ski area
- Knowledge of ski area products
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict and guest issues
- Ability to communicate and work with a variety of ages and skill levels.
- Knowledge of the tourism industry
- Previous guest experience and customer service experience required
- Cash handling skills
- Attention to detail
- Post-secondary education in relation to Communications, Hospitality, Tourism or Business preferred
- Ability to take initiative, be highly organized, effectively communicate and manage groups
- Must be available to work 35-44 hours per week
- Must be available to work holidays, evenings and weekends
- Pro-Serve certified
- Food-Safe certified is an asset
- First Aid certifications are an asset for all Positions at Pass Powderkeg.
- Prior work experience in the ski industry is an asset
- Post-secondary education in ski area management, tourism, business, communications or other related field is an asset.
Please email resume to [email protected]