STATUS: Full time, seasonal
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Manager
WORKING HOURS: 40 hours, 5 days a week, from Mid-July to May
PROBATION PERIOD: 30 Days
The position of a Maintenance Helper is of great significance as he or she is responsible for assisting in the entire upkeep and maintenance of the ski area’s lifts, equipment and generators. This role is an opportunity to learn and develop ones’ maintenance knowledge and skill. It requires diligent work and organizational skills for ensuring that all maintenance activities are seamlessly completed and recorded. The Maintenance Helper is expected to be at work during every operating day, plus a day for routine maintenance or shopping and could be asked to help in other departments. Candidate must also be available for extra time in case of need (evening, night, or early morning.) The perfect candidate would be someone willing to be a part of the community, positive attitude, willingness to learn, reliability, responsibility, and availability are essential for this position.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respect and adherence to MMC-Shames Mountain’s company policies and protocols, as well as industry, provincial and federal standards.
- Conducting regular inspections and assisting the maintenance manager in ensuring the upkeep and maintenance of all areas of a facility. This includes and is not limited to:
o 3 Diesel Generators
o 2 Snowcats
o 1 Cat 966 front end loader
o 2 snowmobiles
o Mueller double chair
o Dopplemayr T bar
o Mueller Handle Tow
- Performing scheduled maintenance as per manufacturers specifications and as per required by BC Safety Authority Z98 code.
- Complying with all My Mountain Coop’s Policies and the Occupational Health and Safety regulations while carrying out maintenance functions.
- Criminal Record Check may be required, Provincial and Federal.
- Should have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid BC Driver’s License and a clean Drivers Abstract, have own transportation if needed.
- Knowledge or Education in Mechanics or Heavy Duty Equipment an asset.
- Working knowledge of using a handheld Radio.
- Good organizational and administrative skills.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Display a Professional appearance at all times.
- Experience in maintenance departments.
- Knowledge of electrical systems.
- Experience working on Diesel Engines.
- Experience working on ski lifts and snowcats is an asset.
- Ability to work under pressure and take initiative in a fast paced environment.
- Intermediate to advanced skiing/snowboarding.
- Knowledge of safe snowmobiling practices.
- Wage based on experience.
- Use of the Staff truck (for shuttle and maintenance shopping only).
- All employees receive a Season Pass and reciprocal discounts at other mountains.