We are currently recruiting for a full-time year-round Maintenance Manager to join our Operations Department.
This position is a hands-on role, responsible for overseeing the direct repair and maintenance of all aspects of our lifts, vehicles, buildings and electrical systems as well as overseeing all resort snow removal operations. This is a management position reporting to our Operations Manager.
- To uphold Mt Seymour’s Core Values.
- Oversee the work of all trades staff and apprentices including Lift Maintenance / Millwrights, Heavy Duty Mechanics/Vehicle Maintenance, Buildings Maintenance, Electrical Maintenance and Snow Removal.
- Plan and organize work, oversee projects.
- Hire, train and evaluate the work performance of all trades and maintenance staff.
- Create/maintain training manuals for each of the separate trade areas (Vehicle Maintenance, Lift Maintenance, Building Maintenance and Electrical Maintenance).
- Schedule ongoing and preventative maintenance of Mt Seymour facilities, machinery and equipment.
- Establish and oversee outside maintenance contractors for both regular and emergency repairs and ensure that energy resources are available and properly utilized.
- Manage inventories as they relate to maintenance areas, tools and equipment.
- Monitor and ensure costs are controlled in regards to departmental projects and functions.
- Maintain all required records in regards to vehicles, electrical, building, lift maintenance and snow removal.
- Manage all areas of the snow removal department (including training, schedules, product ordering) with support from vehicle maintenance staff and snow removal supervisor.
- Coordinate and monitor projects.
- Source and purchase required equipment and tools.
- To be aware of and follow existing guidelines in regards to government regulations (i.e., Z98 Code, building codes, etc.).
- Ensure all health and safety regulations are followed when work is being carried out.
- Report and rectify any unsafe acts.
- Help establish and follow the maintenance budget.
- Ensure maximum proficiency and efficiency within the maintenance department (cross training staff, etc.).
- Assist the Mountain Operations department and other departments on Mt Seymour as required.
- Other related duties as required.
- Red Seal Millwright, Heavy Duty Mechanic or Electrical designation or equivalent combination of experience and qualifications, combined with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills – able to manage a diverse team, delegate duties and motivate employees to achieve results.
- Strong planning and organization skills must be able to oversee projects and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of computer software programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong knowledge of maintenance record keeping systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish working relationships with staff and guests.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Willing and able to work in all weather conditions while performing labour intensive tasks.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- Valid WHMIS certificate
- Valid Confined Space Entry certificate
Terms of Employment:
- Full Time, Year-round management position
- Medical, Dental, Extended Health and LTD benefits – 50% cost share basis
- RRSP Program
- Family Season’s Passes
- Uniform & Tool allowance
To apply, please submit a resume and covering letter to Human Resources at [email protected]