We are a dynamic, dedicated and fun loving team. If you are looking for new challenges, love the outdoors and enjoy winter and summer sports. This is the place for you!
Position Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Reports To: Operations Manager
As a member of Mt Sima Operations team, the Maintenance Mechanic is required to maintain and repair mobile plant and equipment and provide a safe environment for our visiting guests as part of the overall objectives of the organization.
Mt Sima’s objective is to provide a product and service that exceeds the expectations of our guests at all times during both the winter (white season) and summer (green season) months. Maintenance staff will be required at times to support and assist other departments in achieving the organizations overall objectives.
Maintenance Mechanic duties include (but not limited to):
- The provision of Mechanical maintenance including, heavy equipment, vehicle and plant maintenance, emergency break down repairs, Ski lift maintenance, Snow-making system infrastructure maintenance and installation and other asset maintenance in accordance with scheduled programs.
- Ordering Parts and inventory controls
- Organization of the Vehicle Maintenance Shop
- Record keeping and daily/weekly reporting through constant communication/reports with Ops Manager
- Ability to schedule preventative maintenance
- Maintaining a professional level of operations ensuring compliance with all Occupational Health and safety requirements including licensing, training and the use of plant and equipment.
- Maintaining a professional level of operations ensuring compliance with relevant Acts and regulations
- Perform work duties in accordance with Mt Sima’s standard policies and procedures
- Participate in group meetings and training sessions with fellow staff to keep up to date with all relevant company information, OH&S issues, new legislation and promote positive discussion in all work matters that may be of concern
- Show a positive attitude towards personal development and increased skill levels
- Offer suggestions to improve current practices and support management
- Assist with operational training for seasonal staff in accordance with Mt Sima’s requirements and/or as directed by your Supervisor/Manager
- Maintain a clean and safe maintenance shop
- Other duties as directed by your Supervisor/Group Manager
- Experience in heavy equipment and plant operations
- Ticketed Diesel Mechanic is an asset
- Valid driver's license
- Experience working on tracked and grooming equipment is an asset
- Confident in system fault diagnosis – air, hydraulic, electrical, ECU and mechanical
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with suppliers and service providers
- Competent with various forms of welding and welding equipment
- Computer literacy
Skills & Attributes
- Ability to work well as part of the team and show initiative in unsupervised situations
- Able to follow directions from senior staff
- Able to work outdoors in harsh weather conditions
- Display courtesy, consideration and discretion in all interactions with other members of staff and public
- Must have a flexible approach to work hours and duties
- Ability to act in a self-directed manner, demonstrating initiative and innovative thinking
- Have a desire to work in a dynamic and dedicated team