Job Title: Manager, Mechanical Maintenance
Department: Mountain Maintenance
Reporting Manager: Director, Facilities & Maintenance
Role Status: Full-time permanent
Our team is dedicated to Grouse Mountain's renowned excellence and its continued growth as Vancouver's premier mountain resort. Grouse Mountain offers a challenging and enjoyable work environment and career development. In exchange for employee excellence, we offer a professional atmosphere, fantastic growth opportunities, unlimited outdoor recreation (including skiing, snowboarding and a variety of summer activities) an inspiring setting and many unique employee privileges.
Role: Mechanical Maintenance Manager is responsible for the safe, efficient and reliable operation of the ropeways at Grouse Mountain; including, the management of a team of lift mechanics made up of millwrights, welders, machinists, mechanics, electricians, helpers and maintenance staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Overseeing the inspection, repair, install, modification, rebuild, construction and maintenance of all ropeways.
• Working closely with British Columbia Safety Authority and insurance groups.
• Preparing and implementing a financial plan annually for each ropeway and related equipment.
• Maintaining and meeting annual budget targets.
• Managing all aspects of the performance of direct reports, including setting goals, coaching individuals and evaluating performance.
• Prioritizing, coordinating and formally evaluating the work of direct reports.
• Delegating work and decision-making authority to facilitate efficient work processes.
• Addressing performance issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
• Following procedures in place to order all parts, equipment and supplies.
• Ensuring the preventative maintenance system is followed and kept up to date.
• Ensuring all staff follow safe work practices and company procedures and policies.
• Performing all other duties as assigned
• Completion of Journeyman certificate in one of the above trades is required
• 7-10 years work experience in a related trade.
• Previous lift maintenance experience is an asset
• Previous experience supervising maintenance staff required
• Microsoft Office skills an asset
• Ability to work at heights and during all weather conditions
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and other specifications and technical information
• Knowledge of low voltage systems
• Good understanding of hydraulics