The Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87 invites applications for the Manager of Kinosoo Ridge Snow Resort. As the Manager of the resort team, in coordination with the Director, the primary role is to build and execute, Councils strategic plans and initiatives for the Kinosoo Ridge Snow Resort.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the quality of the facility and services conform to the strategic goals of the M.D. of Bonnyville.
- Administer maintenance and operational requirements for all infrastructure, buildings, lands, and equipment at Kinosoo.
- Ensure the grounds and buildings are maintained and aesthetically pleasing year-round.
- Assist with the planning and development of long-term capital plans and ensure the resort is well positioned moving forward.
- Prepare and administer the annual operating and capital budgets and be accountable for financial performance.
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of reports and statistics for the Director.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with colleagues and staff, non-profit and community organizations, governmental departments, local businesses, ski industry and resort personnel, similar resorts, the community, and other stakeholders.
- In coordination with Human Resources recruit personnel, oversee training with strong emphasis on safety and guest relations, as well as monitor staff performance.
- Provide strong and effective leadership to staff capitalizing on their full potential.
- Direct and motivate all team members to contribute fully to the realization of the mission, goals, and objectives of Council for the resort.
- Act as a support for supervisors when dealing with operational issues, staff concerns, guest complaints etc.
- Be aware of and assist with promotional and special events, school bookings, corporate and group functions, and others to effectively direct and manage staff.
- In coordination with the communications department assist with the development of marketing strategies.
- Maintain and promote a positive corporate image for Kinosoo as a department of the M.D. and as a valuable member of the community.
- Comply with and promote M.D. bylaws, policies and procedures as well as inform and recommend amendments and or new policies.
- Maintain safety and emergency programs following all requirements of OH & S and take all reasonable precautions to minimize high risk situations to protect the health and welfare of yourself, staff, public, and others as stated in the OH & S Act
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Five (5) years of related experience operating a ski resort.
- Prior experience in marketing, customer guest services, and leadership.
- A Degree in Business Management or a related field considered an asset.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with managing projects and staff.
- Extensive experience and knowledge with all ski hill operations, including HD equipment, Lift Operations, Grooming, Marketing and Customer Service.
- Strong leadership skills in a recreational resort environment.
- Experience in Municipal Government an asset.
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral.
- Strong computer skills and proficient with Microsoft Suite of programs.
- Strong skills in developing plans, reports, and budgets.
- Highly skilled in conflict resolution and strong ability to negotiate contracts.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
Please visit http://www.md.bonnyville.ab.ca/jobs.aspx for a full job description.
All interested applicants are invited to submit their resume, in confidence to:
Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87
Attn: Human Resources
Postal Bag 1010 Bonnyville, Alberta T9N 2J7
Fax: (780) 826-4524
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found.