The Managing Director of Food and Beverage, under the direction of the President and C.E.O., will primarily be responsible to develop and implement both short- and long-term tactical and strategic plans in accordance with business goals and objectives. You will constantly strive to go Above and Beyond our guest expectations for every style of food and beverage service we offer. The success of your direct reports is driven by your ability to strategically lead, coach, and develop the employees of this division. You are accountable for leading a vibrant team that always delivers industry best quality. Building positive relationships with all vendors, operators, and employees of PMR will be a key to your success.
- Develop and implement workplace regulations, compliances, and legislation regarding health and safety, food preparation standards, and departmental procedures.
- Develop and implement both short- and long-term tactical and strategic plans in accordance with business goals and objectives.
- Develop and control annual budget and long-term financial plans.
- Evaluate current business strategies, determining viability of changing management initiatives.
- Make overarching departmental decisions, considering fiscal realities and departmental structure.
- Identify and evaluate risks to the department, both internal and external
- Monitor departmental performance against established goals.
- Provide leadership for strategic business development and department planning issues on major business decisions.
- Set strategic objectives for the company and ensure that planning initiatives are implemented to maximize strategic growth.
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational, and financial plans.
- Ensure property and service inspections are completed on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance with licensing laws, health and safety, and other statutory requirements.
- Oversee the operation of all food and beverage front of house departments ensuring budgets, policies, and procedures are being consistently followed and maintained.
- Analyze sales figures and devise marketing and revenue management strategies.
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of competitors ensuring the organization is a competitive player within the marketplace.
- Cultivate a work environment committed to the health, safety, and wellness of all employees.
- Ensure the maximization of revenue and profit while attaining optimal customer satisfaction.
- The schedule for this position also fluctuates to meet the demands of our guests and needs of the management team.
- This is a diverse position that changes as the seasons change in the resort.
- Business/Hospitality Degree or related Diploma.
- Seven years of progressively more challenging experience in a management role.
- Managing multiple outlets within a resort setting a definite asset
- Strong formal and informal leadership skills.
- A clear and solid understanding of the issues faced by the organization and the food services industry.
- Ability to delegate, set expectations, and monitor progress of all direct reports.
- Ability to identify issues and implement creative and strategic solutions to overcome problems.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret goals, objectives, and policies.
- Experience with budget preparation and management.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Strong business acumen