Who we are:
Sasquatch Mountain is a family focused Ski Resort located in the Fraser Valley, BC- formerly known as Hemlock Resort and in operation since 1969. We are passionate about snow sports and bringing people together for outdoor fun. We pride ourselves on our strong commitment to the quality of service we offer to each guest that comes through our door through delivering a personalized experience in everything we do. Our focus is to continually build on our culture of fun that leaves a lasting impression with our guests as they create mountain memories in a whole new way at Sasquatch Mountain.
We are seeking a Marketing & Communications Coordinator who is passionate about representing our mountain to our guests, the media, and general public to enhance the company's profile and further strengthen our brand presence in the tourism marketplace. The primary function of your role is to creatively promote the Sasquatch brand, culture and message within our surrounding communities so that Sasquatch Mountain is known as Fraser Valley’s favourite year round playground.
This role is best suited for a self-starter with a positive, vibrant personality who enjoys the hustle and bustle found within the day to day operations of a dynamic and constantly changing work environment. Someone who can roll up their sleeves and lead on any number of projects simultaneously – and wants to be a part of our continuing development, growth and success. During the off-season, the successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Director of Sales & Marketing in the strategic planning and creation of the annual marketing timeline and social media plan. In season, they will work with the events & social media team to create, execute and promote on and off mountain events and promotions. You will design, create and build marketing strategies that grow the SMR brand, drive the door and impact our guests in a way that they feel drawn to the Sasquatch Culture.
- A Creative, innovative, go-getter, and a get-it-done kind of person.
- Confident, outgoing, positive and energetic. A visionary who sees the bigger picture and is not afraid to step out of the comfort zone.
- You have sales-ability, likability and have no problem building new relationships.
- You’re flexible and adaptable in a constantly changing environment, thrive under pressure and can maintain positivity amongst challenges.
- A team player who can inspire and motivate those around you
- To boost awareness of the Sasquatch Mountain brand in the Fraser Valley and Greater Vancouver area and To promote SMR as a venue of choice for year round events, functions and activities
- Assist the Senior Management Team in the development of short and long term strategic planning goals pertaining to Sales, Marketing, Events and Promotions for Sasquatch Mountain.
- Lead the strategic Marketing plan and execute to achieve budgeted revenue and growth
- Get to know and understand our consumers, targeted demographics, and what influences their spending patterns/decision making.
- Ensuring branding is consistent through all outlets and channels
- Maintain existing partnerships and build new relationships that will support our overall goals and development.
- Build and oversee brand ambassadors/street team to promote Sasquatch Mountain in our surrounding communities and events
- Attend and participate in trade shows, industry and community events as required
- Development of all marketing and promotional material pertaining to your department
- Oversee the day to day content management of social media, website, blogging, guest newsletters and public communication
- Help creatively develop and promote new programs, initiatives and events for both winter/summer operations
- Co-manage influencer relationships and act as main contact during visitations
- Maintain Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Track leads, clients and the development of relationships through company designated record keeping software
- Be a positive example and brand ambassador of Sasquatch Resort both on the mountain and within the community
- Other responsibilities may be assigned
Communications and Social Media Management
- Oversee & work with Social Media/PR coordinator to achieve targets and execute predetermined marketing strategies such as SEO increases, viewership and awareness.
- Assist with writing and development of monthly email newsletters
- Create and deploy informative and appealing content for social posts, blogs, landing pages, email newsletter, based on strategy, audience and the overall goals and objectives of the organization
- Assist with website content and blog updates as needed
- Research and facilitate opportunities where we can promote our brand and connect with our target demographics
- Responsible for driving audience growth and engagement
- Communicate event and promotion details to all staff team members, departments and guests through Social media, email or other means to ensure all parties know what is going on at all times
- PR- Deliver and present messaging, prizing and other promotions in a dynamic and enthusiastic manner
- Other responsibilities may be assigned.
More about the role:
- Full-time/permanent opportunity
- Some flexibility in hours (some additional work outside office hours may be required)
- Some travel will be required (Meetings, workshops, sponsorship events, Trade shows, etc.)
- Position located at Sasquatch Mountain, 2 hours east of Vancouver, BC (occasional remote work can be discussed/accommodated)
- On mountain accommodations available
- Post-Secondary education in the area of Marketing, events and/or tourism/business management
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in marketing, brand strategy, social media management or related field preferred
- Strong copywriting skills, a creative outlook and experience with brand campaigns
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills and working knowledge of Adobe creative suite design & software (ex. Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- In-depth knowledge and experience with current social media tactics and platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Experience with social management tools, social listening tools and web analytics- Knowledge of content management and digital platforms
- Experience with WordPress and website management
- Solid understanding of content marketing, SEO, and social media analytics
- Be able to design, update and implement email campaigns/newsletters using online tools (ie. Mail Chimp).
- Ability to design visuals for social media with image creation software or design tools such as Photoshop, Canva or similar
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English is required as well as editing and proof reading skills
- Exceptional interpersonal abilities, conflict resolution skills and the proven ability to handle member feedback in a professional manner.
- Time management skills & the ability to work both independently and part of a team
- A highly organized, efficient and can handle multi-tasking.
- Experience and level of comfort with public speaking/addressing large groups
- Ability to make effective decisions in the interests of guests and the Company
- Strong leadership, Excellent customer service skills and superior networking abilities
- Able to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings and holidays
- Experience/familiarity CRM systems, client database management systems an asset
- Passion for outdoor activities and the ability to have fun in everything you do!
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated, solutions-focused with a proven track record of marketing project coordination
- Excellent knowledge of the adventure tourism, travel and ski industry, considered an asset
Salary & Compensation:
- A competitive salary will be offered commensurate with experience and industry standards.
- Great company perks, bonuses and benefits
- Season’s Pass, resort discounts and discounted/free skiing at other BC Mountains.
You are required to be available to work during all peak periods not limited to the following:
- All weekends in December, January, February, March & the first half of April
- December 1 - January 7th during our peak period and for Christmas Holidays
- March.15th - March. 31st for Spring Break
Interested applicants should submit their resume AND cover letter detailing why YOU are the best candidate for this position! Email application package to [email protected] with “MARKETING COORDINATOR” in the subject line.
Posting close date: June 15th, 2019
We appreciate your interest - please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted