Full-Time Extended Seasonal Position (Mid August - April)
As a key part of the Sales & Marketing team, you will be responsible for maintaining Whitewater’s strong brand presence both in the local community and in the destination market. The role consists of supporting the Sales and Marketing Director in the implementation and execution of the resorts strategic marketing plan, with a specific focus on social media as well as resort communications.
As an employee of the resort, your mandate is to ensure our guests, working partners, and sponsors receive the best level of service possible leaving them with a long-lasting, positively memorable experience of their dealings with Whitewater.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Act as a Brand Ambassador of Whitewater Ski Resort
- Work with the Sales and Marketing Director to execute the annual strategic marketing plan in order to attract potential customers and retain existing ones
- Responsible for the success of Whitewater’s Social Media channels
- Oversee events (in cooperation with Sales and Marketing Director) including budget management, development, event logistics, publicity, advertising, and execution
- Produce valuable and engaging content for the Whitewater website and blog
- Aid in the management of the Whitewater Marketing Consortium
- Assist with sponsorship development and fulfillment
- Provide support with media and public relations as required
- Acting as an information resource, you must be familiar with all Whitewater and Nelson products, policies, and procedures.
- General administrative duties and other duties as assigned
- At least 2 years of industry experience in marketing and/or communications
- Proficient with all aspects of social media
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and In Design
- Detail-oriented and multi-tasker
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
- Exceptional Communication and Guest Service skills
- Skiing or snowboarding at an advanced or above ability level
- Must be willing to travel to the mountain and work weekends and holidays as required