Job Title: Marketing Manager
Staff Reporting to This Position:
- Website Administrator
- Marketing Assistant
- Events Coordinator
The Marketing Manager is responsible for implementing and executing a data-driven strategy to achieve the revenue and brand goals of Mt. Washington Alpine Resort.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for analyzing data through multiple sources to support the implementation and execution of the marketing plan. The position manages content creation, and delivery identifies promotions and delivers on-brand messaging across the resort's numerous platforms and channels.
This position requires an excellent communicator that can work with various departments and stakeholders. All projects are detail-oriented and fast-paced; the candidate will be required to achieve multiple deadlines at once. A confident and positive attitude is crucial, as well as the ability to provide partners and management with data-driven reporting.
You must enjoy and thrive working in a fast pace fun environment!
- Responsible for implementing marketing strategies and tactics for all Mt. Washington business units while gaining insights through research to drive growth.
- Manage content creation for multiple platforms and channels.
- Foster and manage productive relationships with industry partners, corporate sponsors, tourism and economic societies to leverage cooperative marketing and promotional efforts.
- Identify and implement segmentation strategies through CMS database marketing.
- Provide detailed analysis of marketing efforts with revenue and volume results.
- Managing all marketing for the company and activities within the marketing department.
- Handling social media, public relation efforts, and content marketing.
- Developing the marketing strategy for the company in line with company objectives.
- Develop and oversee annual marketing budget.
- Creation and publication of all marketing material in line with marketing plans.
- Planning and implementing promotional campaigns.
- Analyze consumer behavior and adjust email and advertising campaigns accordingly.
- Manage and improve lead generation campaigns, measuring results.
- Overall responsibility for brand management and corporate identity.
- Preparing online and print marketing campaigns.
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing communications.
- Creating a wide range of different marketing materials.
- Working closely with design agencies and assisting with new product launches.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives.
- Analyzing potential strategic partner relationships for company marketing.
- Identifying new customers.
- Responsible to lead resort events team and develop idea generation and annual calendar of events.
- Intimate understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Budget-management skills and proficiency
- Professional judgment and discretion that comes from years of experience in the field
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc.
- Expertise with video production from both a technical and creative perspective
- University/college degree or equivalent experience.
- Five plus years of marketing experience in the ski/tourism industry.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills required.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Must have a passion for winter sports and getting out on the slopes.
A confident, energetic leader who is continually seeking out new learnings and inspirations. Must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to balance requests and departmental goals confidently. An independent and innovative self-starter that thrives on meeting revenue goals.