At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
As a strong leader for our operations and maintenance personnel, our millwrights report to the Operations Manager. They are responsible for the safe operation of the Gondola as well as the maintenance of all mechanical systems, including vehicle, building, water, and septic.
• Do you have passenger ropeway experience?
• Do you enjoy very detail oriented tasks?
• Are you knowledgeable about electrical and low voltage systems?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Actively involved in preventative and required maintenance of all lifts and lift maintenance equipment to ensure the safe, uninterrupted operation of the high speed detachable Gondola
• Machinery and equipment installation, preventative maintenance, service, repair and overhaul. (weekly/monthly/annual) on all mechanical systems such as vehicle, building, water and septic
• Installing and adjusting machinery and equipment, fabricating parts as needed, rigging, leveling and aligning, and troubleshooting equipment breakdowns
• Adhere to assembly, maintenance, and installation instructions as per manufacturer manuals and specifications
• Maintain records of work completed as per related codes, legislation, and company policy
• Familiarity with conveyor systems, industrial and stationary engines, pumps, belts, chains, gears, clutches, couplings and compressors are all assets
• Operate company equipment safely and effectively
• Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment
• Report all lift maintenance related activities as required
• Ensure work area(s) are kept safe and clean, report any damage, malfunction, or misuse of any company equipment and/or property
• Assist other departments with general maintenance needs, where required
• Assist in emergency situations
• Assist the lift operations department with opening and closing procedures
• Assist with the training of lift operators and lift maintenance personnel, where required
• Perform all duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
• Red Seal Certified Journeyman Millwright (preferred)
• 2nd or 3rd year apprentice considered
• Extensive experience in the operation and maintenance of detachable passenger ropeways (preferably Dopplelmayr)
• Knowledge of the current CSA Z98 Code, and working knowledge of WCB regulations is required
• Knowledge of PLC electrical systems and components
• Working knowledge of hydraulics and machining
• Welding and fabrication experience an asset
• Building maintenance, carpentry and electrical knowledge/experience is an asset
• Ability to operate snow mobiles, ATV’s and 4x4 trucks in a safe and responsible manner.
• Willing and able to work shift work, including weekends.
• Physically fit for the job: able to work outside in all weather conditions, at heights and in confined spaces, lift up to 75lbs.
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, mature, dependable, and able to work well with others in a team environment.
• Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
If you answered yes to the questions above, can see yourself performing the duties listed, and have the qualifications we are looking for, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Staff Accommodation may be available, with shared and single rooms, in newly constructed houses and apartments. Please inquire about availability.