The Millwright/Millwright Apprentice is a key member of the Maintenance Department, working under the direction of the Maintenance Manager and Millwright Team Lead. This role also works closely with the Mountain Operations, Electrical, Vehicle Maintenance and Facility Maintenance teams.
This role exhibits knowledge and experience of trade skills and is able to work in diverse situations such as facilities, seasonal lift shutdowns and the implementation of special capital projects. The Millwright/Millwright Apprentice has a working knowledge of lift maintenance and ski hill operations. This role must be able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, while keeping safety of the crew and resort guests a foremost priority. This is a full-time, year-round role.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical or hydraulic problems with associated equipment.
- Identify and correct any problems found in machines, equipment or processes to facilitate production.
- Adhere to assembly and maintenance instructions set forth in vendor manuals and specifications.
- Actively involved in preventative and required maintenance of all lifts and lift maintenance equipment.
- Maintain records of work and report on all lift maintenance related activities.
- Assist with training Lift Operators to safely operate the lifts and perform routine checks.
- Operate company equipment safely and effectively in accordance with company policies.
- Assist other departments with general maintenance needs when required.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local and national standards and legislation including the z-90 code and Manufacturer’s Specifications.
- Keep work area safe and clean and report any damage, malfunction, misuse or abuse of any equipment or property.
- Ensure safety of guests and employees through proper training and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Assistance with vehicle maintenance as required.
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program.
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certified Journeymen Millwright, with an interprovincial ticket; or a Millwright Apprentice.
- Previous experience of 2-4 years in addition to a trade ticket.
- Must hold a current, valid drivers license.
- Advanced level of ski or snowboard capabilities.
- Proficient with MS Office and other basic computer systems and applications.
- Candidate owns all the required tools to perform job adequately.
- Previous first aid experience an asset.
- Critical Analysis
- Detail Orientation
- Safety Orientation
- Technical Knowledge
- Teamwork for Results
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evening or night shifts and weekends.
- Must be physically capable of operating and maintaining equipment.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs.
- This role will be exposed for brief periods to extreme weather conditions at the resort (snow, wind, cold) in isolated areas.
- A staff season’s pass for skiing, downhill biking, hiking and more.
- Discounts on rentals, bike gear, food, retail, golf and hotels.
- Extended health benefits after 3 months.
- An amazing work environment – meet great people who share a passion for the mountain lifestyle!
Interested? Please apply with your resume.
We regret that only those applicants eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship will be considered for full-time year-round roles.