Powder King Mountain Resort prides itself on delivering the best experience possible to our guests and Staff members which is why we spend a lot of time finding the right person for employment opportunities – are you that person that is highly skilled, passionate about winter, able to provide exceptional customer service who has a “can, will, do attitude”?
Nestled in the pristine wilderness of the Canadian Rockies, Powder King Resort offers the best of the great outdoors. This hidden gem boasts an amazing annual snowfall of 41 feet and terrain that ranges from breathtaking drops for the adventurous skier, to the gentle groomed slopes of beginner runs.
We have a full-time seasonal (mid-November – mid-April) career opportunity for the right person. The Powder King Team is in search of an Office Assistant who will act as a Powder King Host and Ambassador and will work as part of a team in our Administrative Department that provides mountain guests with exceptional customer service experiences. Under the direction of and reporting to the Office Manager, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Key Overall Responsibilities:
- Maintain a professional attitude and represent Powder King Mountain Resort values.
- Act as a Powder King Host and ambassador on and off the hill.
- Adhere to the Alpine Responsibility code at all times,
- Wear proper assigned uniform.
- Exceed expectations by going out of your way to assist all guests, being courteous, friendly and informative, ensuring the ultimate customer service experience on the mountain.
- Answer guest inquiries and resolve problems quickly and effectively.
- Foster an atmosphere of safety and co-operation, and promotes positive teamwork amongst your team members as well as in all other Powder King Mountain Resort locations.
- Carry out other related duties as assigned.
Position Specific Responsibilities:
- Support (as a primary focus) the Office Manager to ensure daily tasks are completed.
- Promptly provide customer service and assistance to guests as required be it in person, on the phone or via email.
- Ensure office area and personal office station is kept in an organized and professional manner.
- Perform administrative functions on the computer to support resort operations.
- Provide customer service regarding hostel reservations, bus bookings, general inquiries and phone in questions.
- Assist with the creation of Powder King documents and forms as needed.
- Answer voicemails of all phones, denoting them on message log sheets.
- Change voicemail message periodically, as needed.
- Assist in the creation of season passes and Powder Hound passes.
- Assist in the coordination and oversight of Powder King events.
- Account for all gift certificates and vouchers and all other discounts for all special lift tickets.
- Schedule and carry out all logistics of all multi-day Powder King corporate and/or group trips.
- When requested to do so, work with Management and / or Marketing personnel to communicate with the Powder King webmaster on website updates.
- When required, collaboratively, with Management and / or Marketing personnel, create and / or publish material for social media sites.
- Ensure feedback and relevant information is provided to the Office Manager so that continuous improvement in the department is achieved.
- Prior Guest Services and Office Administration experience.
- Strong computer skills including full MS Office suite.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Team player that is able to contribute collaboratively to the team as well as work independently.
- Effective communicator and problem solver.
- Positive personality with a continuous improvement / opportunity creating mindset.
- Able to develop and maintain effective relationships between and across other departments.
- Skilled at providing and creating exceptional customer service opportunities.
- Able to reason and react with quick, thoughtful judgment, while remaining calm under pressure.
- Energetic, professional, attentive to detail.
Wages dependant on experience and training.
- Staff season’s pass.
- Very affordable accommodation option.
- Staff discounts.
- A unique and remote mountain ski resort experience with a group of people passionate about mountain lifestyle!
To apply: send your resume and cover letter via email to: [email protected]