Title: Operations Manager
Reports To: General Manager
Grooming/snowmaking/lift/operations staff and service providers
Mountain Safety/Dispatch/Patrol staff and volunteers
Terrain Park staff and volunteers
Residential Building and Facilities staff and service providers
On/off-site landscape, lot maintenance staff and service providers
Reporting to the General Manager, the Operations Manager directs four seasons physical resort operations including winter Grooming, Snow Making and Lift operations, Risk Management, Terrain Park, Patrol, on-mountain events and facilities maintenance, servicing and construction all with the objective of achieving an outstanding member experience. Responsibilities also include landscape, lot, building and facilities maintenance and servicing for the growing portfolio of onsite residential units year-round. The Operations Manager contributes to member procurement and retention by maintaining the buildings, facilities, lifts, ski hills, trails, natural landscape features and environment of the resort in an attractive, safe condition to create a compelling experience for members and their guests. This role will effectively promote high quality member, guest and staff satisfaction while building relationships and ensuring the integration of strategic plans with company operations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely in a variety of significant situations (such as training, explaining, giving directions, etc.).
- Ability to communicate in writing on complex or ambiguous subjects.
- Proficient conceptual and/or creative skills.
- Ability to apply advanced negotiation skills in working with others in situations that have little routine or structure.
- Ability to interact with guests and customers of the resort in a friendly and accommodating manner.
- Extensive, proven track record in ski resort operations.
- Significant input in major decision making which may affect policies or procedures within the given area.
- Proficient in, Microsoft Word and Outlook. Requires operation of basic office equipment (computer, telephone, copier, etc.).
- Formulating/implementing, reviewing and maintaining work and workplace safety rules, standards, and procedures within established company guidelines and expectations. May involve scheduling, coordinating, solving personnel issues (employment, retention, discipline, promotion, etc.).
- Ability to provide staff coaching and mentorship while contributing to a positive staff culture throughout all departments.
|Position Function and Areas of Responsibility
- Directs grooming and snowmaking staff and service providers to ensure early, complete coverage and best-in-class ski and snow conditions.
- Overseas maintenance of buildings, facilities and equipment to maximize efficiency, lifespan and productivity.
- Responsible for the operational decisions regarding opening/closing lifts, terrain, trails and the safe operation of the resort.
- Directs, oversees planning and prioritizes on/off-hill construction and maintenance projects.
- Participates in senior management team meetings, planning sessions and occasionally board meetings.
- Supervises department heads for Ski Patrol, Snow Safety, Terrain Parks, Risk Management
- Represent the club to outside vendors, contractors, business and community groups, municipal, provincial and federal government agencies, etc.
- Works with other club departments to develop and implement revenue, safety, operational, and guest service programs
- Directs and develops policies and procedures to ensure the safe physical operation of the resort.
- Interacts with members and guests in a pleasant manner to create an outstanding member experience.
- Monitor departmental performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made and that corrective action is taken if necessary.
- Responsible for appropriate staff levels to meet requirements of the department.
- Manage the morale and contribute to a positive staff culture within the department and globally.
- Budget preparation, monitoring and adherence.
- Ensure that all reporting employees adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in a related field or other professional training and equivalent job experience.
- Certified Lift Mechanic preferred.
- Five or more years job-specific ski resort management level work experience with a history of progressively more responsible and complex position(s) of leadership and competence. Experience and knowledge of ski safety programs preferred.
- Advance level ability to ski/snowboard.
Working Conditions and Schedule
- Hours may vary and include long days, early mornings on weekends and holidays during the winter.
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- May experience stress due to making frequent operational decisions affecting the business, guest and employee safety.
- Work is subject to frequent interruptions making continuity and accuracy difficult, frequent exposure to noise.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
To apply, please submit your resume to [email protected], ATTN: Operations Manager job. This position is available immediately and will stay open until the position has been filled.
All job opportunities at Mansfield require the ability to comply with our Professional Appearance, Drug & Alcohol, and Employee Conduct Policies.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.