Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Operations Supervisor is responsible for snowmaking, lift operations, supervising lift operators, hill and terrain park maintenance and tube park operations at the Edmonton Ski Club. The Operations Supervisor ensures the outdoor facilities operate effectively and exceptional customer service is provided.
The position will work in partnership with the Guest Services Team, whose responsibilities include maintaining the indoor space, food and beverage and rentals, and delivering exceptional service through snow school programs. There will be an expectation of cross-training and mutual support between the two roles.
You possess relevant education supplemented by ski and snowboard industry or operations experience, preferably in the hospitality/tourism industry. Experience with the ski and snowboard industry is essential. You are hands-on, identifying opportunities and solving problems. You are proactive, committed to safety and quality service. You have demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills with experience in dealing with the public and fellow staff. You create a safe and positive work culture.
- Provides excellent guest service to internal and external guests, creates a positive, family-oriented and lively atmosphere
- Supervises lift operators and tube park staff while ensuring proper safety and protocols are followed according to industry standards
- Properly repairs, services and maintains the outdoor facilities according to industry standards, and refers to the Operations Manager if further help is needed
- Operates the outdoor tube park effectively and efficiently
- Assists and supervises snow making at the Edmonton Ski Club
- Cleans and maintains the facility (inside and outside) on a regular basis
- Operates the facility according to Board-approved operational requirements, Board-approved policies and procedures and all applicable regulatory standards
- Identifies and pursues opportunities to improve the sustainability of the organization
- Acts as a community ambassador for the Edmonton Ski Club
- Assists in other areas as required
- Education and/or experience in operations and with the Ski and Snowboard Industry
- Enthusiastic about skiing and/or snowboarding
- Outgoing and friendly attitude
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, work in adverse weather conditions, and work a schedule that includes nights, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR
- This is a full-time seasonal position, July-April
- Wage of $20 per hour
- Start date of July 2, 2020
Email applications to [email protected]