Reporting to the General Manager, the Outdoors Operations Manager oversees all aspects of outdoor operations as it relates the resort, including slope management, lift operations, snow removal, parking, vehicle/equipment maintenance, building maintenance, and ski patrol. This is a fulltime, year-round position.
As the Outside Operations Manager your duties will also include construction of Capital Project structures and developing maintenance procedures. The candidate will be responsible for the ongoing development of the summer and winter operations for all aspects of the resorts outside operations.
Who YOU are:
· You have a genuine passion for the mountains, for winter sports and outdoor activities.
· You are a creative, innovative, go-getter, and a get-it-done kind of person.
· You are confident, outgoing, positive, and energetic. You see the bigger picture and you are not afraid to step out of your comfort zone.
· You’re flexible and adaptable quickly to constantly changing environment
· You thrive under pressure and can maintain positivity amongst challenges.
· You are a friendly team player; you have a great sense of humor and you can inspire and motivate those around you.
· You have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
· You have great time management skills & the ability to work both independently and part of a team
· You have excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills; you can manage multiple tasks at once – the faster the pace the better.
· You will do what it takes to get the job done, and except your team’s results nothing short of the high standards you set for yourself.
Responsibilities: Outside Operations Manager. Reports Directly to the General Manager
Job Descriptions and Responsibilities:
- Provides excellent guest experience to internal and external guests, creates a positive, family-oriented, and lively atmosphere
- Direct oversight pertaining to maintenance and operations of
- Lift Operations
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Building maintenance
- Heavy Equipment Operations
- Snow Removal
- Ski Patrol/ Avalanche Control Program
- Work directly with General Manager to oversee timely completion of all required preventive maintenance, repairs, and outside inspections. This includes development, execution, and measurement of an annual maintenance schedule including specific allocation of staff time and necessary resources.
- Development, measurement, and reporting on staff and department goals and objectives.
- Annual performance evaluations of staff and ongoing management of team performance.
- Organize and plan an effective preventative maintenance program to achieve the highest-level safety while maximizing equipment up-time during operations.
- Implement all code changes and upgrades of equipment with proper design certifications.
- Assist the General Manager in recommending and planning capital projects.
- Develop and implement departmental procedures to meet requirements of the Z98 code, building code, or any other regulatory groups or organizations impacting operations and maintenance.
- Continuously develop the entire maintenance staff through in-house training and assessment as well as vendor and industry training opportunities. Serve as a mentor to maintenance staff to ensure the long-term sustainability of a reliable team and safe operating practices.
- Oversee the completion, filing and maintenance of all applicable lift maintenance records. Periodically inspect record keeping entries to ensure all work is properly recorded and filed.
- Work to ensure staff is trained to operate all equipment safely and efficiently, with the appropriate emphasis on customer service.
- Develop and manage annual operating and capital budgets for all maintenance activities.
- Track and report on all departmental related operating and maintenance expenses.
- Supervise scheduling and job assignments for Maintenance staff.
- Champion and assist with hiring, training, performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, and terminations.
- Communicate and coordinate with other resort departments, to facilitate work, operating schedules, and equipment availability.
- Other duties as assigned from the General Manager and Ownership
· Proven experience as a maintenance manager or other managerial role
· Experience in planning maintenance operations
· Solid understanding of technical aspects of plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems
· Working knowledge of facilities machines and equipment
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
· Ability to keep track of and prepare a report/document on activity
· Ability to prepare a budget for any large Capital Projects
· Previous lift maintenance experience is an asset.
· Previous carpentry experience is an asset.
· Valid driver’s license is preferred.
· Occupational First Aid certification is an asset.
· Able to work from heights is an asset.
· Knowledge of resort terrain is preferred, but not required.
· Able to lift 50 lbs.
· Able to work in all weather conditions and temperatures.
Please apply with your Resume/CV and any applicable certificates to John Welsh, Manager of Human Resources at [email protected]