Job Title: Ski Patrol
Location: North Vancouver
Department: Health & Safety, Mountain Operations
Reports to: Supervisor, Patrol
Role Status: Full & Part time seasonal.
Grouse Mountain offers a challenging and enjoyable work environment with a world of career opportunity. Our team is dedicated to Grouse Mountain's renowned excellence and its continued growth as Vancouver's premier mountain resort. In exchange for employee excellence, we offer a professional atmosphere, fantastic growth opportunities, unlimited outdoor recreation (including skiing and snowboarding) an inspiring setting and many unique employee privileges.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Providing first aid for injured guests and staff
- Opening and closing of ski runs
- Placing and maintaining all Alpine and Snowshoe
- fencing, rope lines, tower pads, signage and line control.
- Reporting morning weather observations
- Avalanche control and education
- Handling Emergency Procedures as required
- Handling “Risk Management” initiatives
- Handling Chair Evacuation and Self Evacuation procedures
- Educating staff and guests to the components of the Alpine Responsibility Code.
- Acting as a safety resource for all staff from all other departments and assisting where required in creating good safety culture at Grouse Mountain Resorts Ltd.
- ≥80 Hour first aid certification such as:
- Occupational First Aid Level 3,
- Outdoor Emergency Care,
- Non-Urban Emergency Care,
- BC Licensed EMR or PCP
- Have expert skiing/snowboarding ability in all terrain and conditions
- Strong risk management skills
- Successful candidate must complete a criminal record check once offered the position; the check must be completed prior to start date if you are 19 years and older. Grouse Mountain will assist you with the process.
- Previous Patrol Experience
- Mountaineering, rock climbing and/or backcountry travel experience
- Rope rescue or rope access experience
- Experience operating snowmobiles
- Avalanche awareness or operations training
- Experience with public relations/customer service
- Experience with Advanced protocols such as: Entonox, Sager, Epi-pen, Salbutamol, Nitroglycerin administration