FOOD & BEVERAGE PREP COOK & DISHWASHER
Powder King Mountain Resort prides itself on delivering the best experience possible to our guests and Staff members which is why we spend a lot of time finding the right person for employment opportunities – are you that person that is highly skilled, passionate about winter, able to provide exceptional customer service who has a “can, will, do attitude”?
Nestled in the pristine wilderness of the Canadian Rockies, Powder King Resort offers the best of the great outdoors. This hidden gem boasts an amazing annual snowfall of 41 feet and terrain that ranges from breathtaking drops for the adventurous skier, to the gentle groomed slopes of beginner runs.
We have a full-time seasonal (mid-November – mid-April) career opportunity for the right person. The Powder King Team is in search of Food & Beverage Prep Cook / Dishwasher who will act as a Powder King Host and Ambassador and will work as part of a team in our Food Services Department that provide mountain guests with exceptional culinary and customer service experiences.
Key Overall Responsibilities:
- Maintain a professional attitude and represent Powder King Mountain Resort values
- Act as a Powder King Host and ambassador on and off the hill.
- Adhere to the Alpine Responsibility code at all times,
- Wear proper assigned uniform.
- Exceed expectations by going out of your way to assist all guests, being courteous, friendly and informative, ensuring the ultimate customer service experience on the mountain.
- Answer guest inquiries and resolve problems quickly and effectively.
- Foster an atmosphere of safety and co-operation, and promotes positive teamwork amongst your team members as well as in all other Powder King Mountain Resort locations.
- Carry out other related duties as assigned.
Position Specific Responsibilities:
- Works under the direction of the Food Services Department Team to clean and sanitize all foodservice plate ware, glassware, and equipment
- Ensures adherence to all culinary standards set out by Powder King Mountain Resort.
- Receives and properly stores kitchen supplies.
- Cleans and maintains kitchen area and equipment as scheduled and requested by the Food & Beverage Manager.
- Works with the Food Services Department Team to do basic food preparation, under the guidance of the cooks.
- Maintains set standards around Health & Safety.
- Perform table clearing and dishwashing duties; remove food waste from plates, fill dishwasher and unload dishwasher.
- Sweep and mop kitchens and storage areas.
- Maintain cleanliness of all storage areas.
- Assist Line Cooks and Food Services Department Staff.
- Previous dishwashing or general kitchen cleaning experience is preferred
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- BC Food Safe 1 (or equivalent) or willingness to obtain is preferred.
- Understanding of food safe practices
- Organized, shows a sense of urgency; able to track multiple orders and multi task
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Effective communicator and problem solver.
- Positive personality with a continuous improvement / opportunity creating mindset.
- Able to develop and maintain effective relationships between and across other departments.
- Skilled at providing and creating exceptional customer service opportunities.
- Able to reason and react with quick, thoughtful judgment, while remaining calm under pressure.
- Energetic, professional, attentive to detail.
Wages dependant on experience and training.
- Staff season’s pass.
- Very affordable accommodation option.
- Staff discounts.
- A unique and remote mountain ski resort experience with a group of people passionate about mountain lifestyle!
To apply: send your resume and cover letter via email to: [email protected]