Mt Seymour is a recreation-focused company, operating year round, running two seasonally based businesses: Mt Seymour Resorts Ltd which provides winter and summer recreation experiences and Sea to Sky Park Services Ltd which focuses on Camping and the operation of Provincial Parks. We are in the business of providing outstanding recreational opportunities to our customers. Well recognized within the industry Mt Seymour continues to grow and develop its operations so that we can continue to provide a diverse range of products and services to our customers.
We are a mid-sized family owned company, with a passion for what we do; we attract people who enjoy the recreation industry and all it has to offer. We are currently recruiting for a Programs and Recreation Manager to oversee all our programs and ancillary services.
We are looking for a dynamic leader who can further develop and grow our diverse portfolio of programs and related products and services. The person we are seeking would have a strong record in developing and running a diverse selection of product offerings within the recreation industry - ideally winter focused together with all their related support services.
The ideal person would be an enthusiastic and motivational leader with excellent communication skills.
This position offers growth potential for the right candidate.
Reporting to the General Manager, this position is responsible for ensuring guests participating in programs and recreational activities reach their potential in a safe, caring and enriching environment. This position is responsible for overseeing a number of operating Departments including the Snow School, Outdoor Education and Rentals & Retail departments. Ideally this position would grow and develop as Mt Seymour grows.
A successful manager will provide growth and development opportunities in programing and recreational activities for all seasons as well as leading and developing a large team of staff while developing strong relationships with all other Mt Seymour departments.
- Uphold Mount Seymour’s vision and mission.
- Research, design and develop programs and recreational activities based on market demand and emerging trends.
- Ensure program content, logistics and the delivery are of high quality and excellent value.
- Work with both Marketing and Guest Experience Managers promoting programs and registering guests.
- Work with Human Resources Manager adhering to all Human Resources policies and procedures
- Maintain accurate statistics and performance reports for programs.
- Set program prices, sales targets and ensure profitability.
- Prepare and oversee the annual operating budget for the Snow School, Outdoor Education and Rental & Retail departments.
- Direct and oversee the hiring, training and development of staff.
- Work with relevant industry, community and sector associations.
- Work with the Department Head team in daily communications and strategic planning.
- Occupy a senior leadership role within the organization.
- Be a thought leader, idea generator and champion of quality in all operational areas.
- Be a mentor and educator.
- Other related duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree or Diploma in Business, Recreation and Leisure or related area.
- Certification through the Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance and Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors.
- Experienced with Word, Excel, and POS systems similar to Siriusware
- Progressive experience within the Winter recreation industry or similar industry with a minimum of 7 years in a management position.
- Budgeting and financial experience
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish genuine working relationships with guests and other stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills to provide timely and high-quality service.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong team work ethic.
- Ability work well under pressure.
- Desire for career growth
- Strong leadership skills
Terms of Employment:
- Senior year-round management position
- Benefits and RRSP