CASCADE SKYLINE MOUNTAIN PARK - Project Manager
Currently under development in the Master Planning phase is a sightseeing gondola project in the Fraser Valley. This summer’s work consists of developing the Master Development Agreement which includes a variety of consultancy work (Environmental Assessment, Geotech, market analysis, amenity programming, etc) that feeds into a capital building plan and final business plan to build this $60M project.
The Project Manager will manage the next phase of the project which is the development of the Master Plan and the resulting Capital Plan that flows from that to be completed on or around March 31 2020. Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project. Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
A list of deliverable items and tasks will be developed together that will form the core of the position and it’s responsibilities. Most importantly is the development and confirmation of the Capital Expense Plan which along with the Master Plan will be the foundation of the project’s application to the Fraser Valley Regional District and the Province of BC. This position will be the central coordinating figure in the development of these documents and the delivery of the Master Plan.
Hours expected: 10-15 hours/week over 1st few months (full time after that)
Term: Now to approximately late-April to May 2020 then potentially full time after that
- Assist the President and Senior Executive(s) for the completion of the Master Plan and CAPEX budget to present to the regulatory agencies and for the financing phase of the project
- Create project task list with allocated responsibilities and resources, milestone creation and monitoring of the task/project plan to ensure completion on time.
- Accurate record keeping of all due diligence work for CAPEX items
- Assist Management in securing effective consultancy resources where needed, manage these resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Lead the team in ensuring that milestones are being met and accomplished, key components executed.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed, prepare reports and updates for the team as necessary
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members' individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Experience with Microsoft Project or similar project management software
- Excellent skills in software/hardware tools for project development/mgmt
- Computer skills and knowledge of GIS, Google Drive, MS Office, Dropbox and webmail
- Proven working experience in project management
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification would be an asset
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Assist with consultant report archiving, summaries
- Maintain records as related to activities completed
- Collaboration with other team members, Lead Engineer, Architect, Contractors, etc.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, adaptable, and self-starting
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures
- Experience with complex construction projects involving multiple levels of amenities, services and deliverables
- Able to work independently and be self directed or as part of a team
- Well-rounded knowledge and understanding of project management/development, business development
Please send resume to: [email protected]