Website Red Mountain Resort
Red Mountain Resort is accepting applications for Professional Ski Patrol for the 2022/23 season.
Most Professional Ski Patroller’s start out part time and work up to full time hours.
Essential Duties and Skills:
• Administer professional and courteous on-slope first aid and transportation of injured guests
• Continually monitor and report to Dispatch and the Avalanche Forecaster on mountain conditions to ensure guest safety
• Participate in morning safety meetings, daily run openings, closures and sweeps.
• Perform avalanche control, lift evacuations and search and rescue as required
• Follow all Standard Operating Procedures, and safe work procedures as per Red Mountain Policies
• Must interact well within a team environment under pressure and in stressful situations
• Must be able to ski at a professional level in all weather conditions in a controlled and confident manner.
• Perform other duties related to the position
• Current First Aid ticket, Peak Emergency Response Training’s NUEC3/NUOFA3 or WSBC OFA3, Advanced Protocols are an asset.
• Canadian Avalanche Association Level 1 for Operations. CAA Level 2 would be considered an asset. Applicants will not be considered without CAA Ops 1.
• Must be willing to provide a criminal record check for Explosives Use Screening Approval. A PAL would be an asset and takes the place of the Approval Letter.
• A WorkSafeBC Blasting Ticket would be considered an asset
• Solid knowledge of Red Mountain Resort terrain is an asset
• Demonstrate willingness to help out and to go beyond the routine duties of the position.
The successful candidate must be available to work early mornings, extended hours, holidays and weekends. This position is likely to work both Saturday and Sunday all season long.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Wage rate: In accordance with the USW collective agreement. Preference will be given to applicants who reside in the local area already.
Please forward resume with covering letter to:
Red Mountain Resort
Attention: Kim Winter, Patrol Director
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com