RED SEAL HD MECHANIC/RESORT OUTSIDE OPERATIONS MANAGER OPPORTUNITY AT AMAZING YEAR ROUND RESORT! Apply now as this opportunity for the successful candidate will not last long!
We are pleased to present an amazing full-time permanent career opportunity for the right candidate. The Powder King Team is in search of a Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic with ambition to grow into the Resort’s Outside Operations Manager. This core position will work closely with the owners to grow this world class resort into a multi recreation destination, to rival any of the other 14 designated destination Alpine Resorts in the Province of British Columbia.
The initial position of being the Resort’s primary mechanic allows for the process of becoming intimate with the Resort’s equipment and its operation as applied throughout the resort facility. This technical position will graduate and evolve into an Outside Operations Manager position. Could you be just the right candidate to eagerly accept this rare awesome opportunity?
Nestled in the pristine wilderness of the Canadian Rockies, Powder King Mountain Resort offers the best of the great outdoors. This hidden gem ski area boasts an amazing annual snowfall of 41 feet and 5000 acres of mountain terrain that ranges from breathtaking drops for the adventurous skier, to the gentle groomed slopes of beginner runs. In addition to our current primary enterprise of alpine ski services, Powder King also operates its’ adjoining Azouzetta Lake Lodge Resort facility, which offers lakeside dining, camping, cabin rental and water recreation.
Powder King continues to develop its resort base area, building streets, developing land and building new homes for sale. We are looking for a talented individual with a strong mechanical background and people skills, but must possess an unending “Can Do” positive attitude that is enjoyably infectious for the benefit all of the Resort’s team members.
In order to ensure our guests have the best experience possible, the safe, consistent and efficient running of all our equipment is a priority. As such, during the winter season, this position will require the occasional evening of work and or unscheduled hours for unexpected repairs. During the winter ski season, Powder King’s ski lift’s operate Thursday through Monday’s and all of the Christmas holidays. The Resort opens the third week in November through the third week in April. After the close of the ski season, regular work week hours return to Monday through Friday, 40 hour work week.
Candidates with experience operating heavy equipment, interest in creating new venues for new sporting activities, who enjoy skiing, snowmobiling, ATV’ing, water sports, mountain biking, etc, will be considered an additional asset. Staff accommodations are available including accommodations for staff with family. As well, the opportunity for staff to purchase their own home at the Resort that they work and play, is a real possibility, huge benefit, and encouraged within our organization. Employment opportunities for spouses and family members may also be available for candidates with a family.
Reporting directly to the Powder King Owners, your job duties and expectations will include but are not limited to:
LEADERSHIP & SUPERVISORY EXPECTATIONS
- Taking on a collaborative leadership role on the Powder King Team by communicating to the Owners and other Powder King Team members areas of mechanical improvement and proactively identifying opportunities for increased guest satisfaction.
- Understand, evaluate, and report risk management issues to Powder King Owners.
- Awareness of and adherence to Technical Safety’s Z98 Code for safety standards.
- Observe and carefully adhere to all company safety, operations, Human Resources and maintenance procedures.
- Create, maintain and implement the long-term plan for maintenance and servicing of Powder King machinery and equipment including written operational and safety procedures for safe operating Powder King machinery and equipment.
- Identify and present to Owner requirements for substantial orders for equipment repair, parts and shop supplies.
- Learn about snow grooming and direct Snow Cat Operators in safe operational expectation and daily machine checks.
- Delegate tasks and projects to Heavy Duty Apprentice (s) and/or labourer(s).
- Be aware of all safety, payroll, and workers comp. policies.
- Complete and submit own detailed time sheets daily and for any supervised workers.
- Respond to Owner requests / other duties as required.
MAINTENANCE EXPECTATIONS (ON & OFF SEASON)
- Maintain & repair ski lifts, snow removal equipment, snowmobiles, snow cats, and an assortment of Resort related equipment.
- Complete regular preventive and periodic maintenance on all heavy equipment.
- Monitor the mountain machinery work request log (operator repair request).
- Oversee and account for the Powder King fuel storage, usage and ordering.
- Monitor the safe fueling and handling procedures by resort workers.
- Secure all equipment and associated building during non-working hours.
- Maintain all areas of tools and equipment in a safe and clean work environment.
- Ensure all lift, equipment and maintenance documentation (including repair logs) is complete.
- Operate all equipment safely and efficiently according to all policies and procedures.
- Job duties during the off season would include summer lift maintenance and repairs, mechanical repairs and maintenance of excavators, dozers, logging equipment, articulating rock trucks, highway vehicles and equipment related to the ski hill winter operations or summer heavy duty rental program.
- Beyond the daily preparation and regular day-to-day operation of the Resort, it is expected that there will always be a project on-going, prioritized with regular maintenance and management requests.
REQUIRED SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES:
- Red Seal Heavy Duty Technician OR Heavy Duty Equipment Technician (Mechanical), Millwright, OR a minimum of 5 years Heavy Duty Mechanical experience.
- Hydraulic experience.
- Opportunity mindset with ability to identify areas of improvement.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Able to operate a variety of heavy duty equipment and motorized off-road vehicles.
- Good communicator and team player.
- Detailed oriented and quality conscious.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Willing to complete professional development and training as the resort itself grows.
- Must be able to sit, stand, and walk for the duration of the shift
- Ability to work at heights
- Ability to work in cold and harsh environments
- Ability to lift and carry 35kg at times
- Must be able to kneel, bend, stoop, squat, and stretch to fulfill duties • Requires grasping, tool use, writing, standing, sitting, driving, shoveling, repetitive motions, climbing, listening and hearing ability, and visual acuity
Powder King is located in the Pine Pass between the Caribou Region in the south to the Peace Country Region in the north, an easy two hour drive north of Prince George, alongside Highway 97. Powder King draws its customer base from Prince George, Mackenzie, Chetwynd, Dawson Creek, Fort St. John through to Grande Prairie Alberta.
If this sounds exciting, that’s because it is! Please send your resume to us with your expressed interest in this amazing career and lifestyle opportunity!
Salary: $44 starting wage with a $50+ / hour with bonuses in an evolving position
Full- Time Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible (Apply now)
NOC Group: Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanics (7312)
NOC Job Title: Diesel Engine Mechanic – Heavy Equipment
Mile 122 John Hart Highway
PO Box 487