Somehow going to work each day is just a little sweeter when you work for a company that sells fun. If you enjoy connecting with new people, are outgoing by nature and thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing environment, then we invite you to apply to be a part of our Team!
Who we are:
Sasquatch Mountain is a family focused Ski Resort located in the Fraser Valley, BC – formerly known as Hemlock Resort and in operation since 1969. The team at SMR is passionate about snow sports and bringing people together for outdoor fun. We pride ourselves on our strong commitment to the quality of service we offer to each guest that comes through our door through delivering a personalized experience in everything we do. Our focus is to continually build on our culture of fun that leaves a lasting impression with our guests as they create mountain memories in a whole new way at Sasquatch Mountain. If this sounds like a culture you would like to be a part of, then check out this opportunity!
As an integral part of our Sasquatch Mountain Resort Leadership Team, the primary function of this role is to help build and execute our Rental & Repair Department’s strategic plan. We require a hard-working, dedicated individual that is enthusiastic about bringing new ideas to the table, developing new relationships, empowering and leading by example.Primary function is to coordinate and direct the day-to-day operations of the Rental & Repair Department ensuring success through safe operating procedures, a positive guest experience and a focus on staff retention and development.
- Oversee the day to day operations of the rental/repair shop
- Monitor daily labour outputs in accordance with the labour budget outlined by the Director of Inside Operations
- Scheduling & ensure proper staffing levels at all times
- Ensure department is operating under the newest methods of industry recognized certifications, maintenance, and repair procedures and see that all department staff are properly trained within these parameters
- Coordinate & administer department training for staff; including but not limited to binding certification, boot fitting, and in-house testing
- Ensure guest complaints are dealt with according to company policy
- Payroll administration & management for your department
- Maintain proper maintenance on all rental equipment
- Ensure that all Covid 19 protocols and requirements are maintained throughout the day
- Ensure that department runs in an efficient and safe manner
- Ensure weekly OH&S safety talks and site inspections are carried out
- Deliver a high degree of customer service
- Be an ambassador of Sasquatch Mountain Resort at all times by positively representing the company both on and off the mountain
- Other responsibilities may be assigned
- Previous rental shop experience is required
- Previous repair shop experience is required
- Previous supervisory experience is required
- Strong leadership and communication skills are required
- Retail & cash handling experience is an asset
- Time management skills & the ability to work both independently and part of a team
- A college diploma or university degree in ski resort operations, business management or a related field is an asset; experience will be considered in lieu of education.
- Able to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings and holidays
Salary & Compensation:
- An hourly starting rate of $18 per hour (or based on previous experience)
- Subsidized housing costs (to be negotiated)
- Season’s Pass, other resort discounts, and lift ticket discounts at other resorts.
- Reimbursement of authorized expenses submitted within 30 calendar days
You are required to be available to work during all peak periods throughout the season including but not limited to the following:
- All weekends in December, January, February, March & April
- December 21st - January 6th for Christmas Holidays
- March.15th - March. 31st for Spring Break