Rental & Retail Supervisor
Snow Valley Edmonton is dedicated to providing year-round, premier outdoor adventures in the heart of the city.
Snow Valley believes its Team members are an integral component of its success and encourages personal development for all members. The Snow Valley Team is customer focused and is dedicated to exceeding guest expectations at all times.
- You have a proven record of accomplishment in a similar position.
- Have an outgoing, friendly personality and show a commitment to exceeding guest expectations.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to deal effectively with a variety of people.
- Stamina, flexibility and self-discipline to work long hours as required.
- Ability to remain composed when faced with unexpected problems and stressful situations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced consumer driven environment and make responsible decisions quickly.
- A combination of experience and education in the field, such as a completed post-secondary education (university degree or community college) related to business, recreation, physical education or management.
- A Ski Resort Operations & Administration diploma is preferred.
- 1-2-years’ experience in a Rental Shop is an asset.
- Assist to direct and monitor the activities of staff working in the Rental & Retail department. Establish methods to meet work schedules. Make suggestions and implement improvements to work processes and procedures.
- Maintain a constant and efficient flow of guests through the Rental & Retail Shop while providing fast, courteous and friendly service. Develop guest relations by generating conversation, answering questions and offer assistance when required
- Assist with the recruitment of staff, assist with staff training, schedule work hours and monitor staff performance.
- Maintain rental inventory through proactive equipment maintenance and minor repairs.
- Maintain retail inventory periodically to have updated inventory status for the retail shop.
- Have an advanced knowledge about snow sports equipment tuning and advise staff/guests what best equipment tuning is required.
- Perform accident equipment reports with matching forms and/or waivers.
- Measure, fit, set and demonstrate equipment for guests when needed.
- Ensure all rental forms and tech shop work orders are accurate and completely filled out.
- Perform daily cash outs when needed, ensure float is balanced.
- Maintain and promote staff morale through positive attitudes and social aspects of the Snow Valley working environment.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism when dealing with staff, colleagues and guests. Handle all inquiries and complaints in a professional and competent manner.
- This position is seasonal and includes working on weeknights, weekends and holidays.
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and to submit your resume, please contact Jennifer at [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position will be posted until Aug 11 2019.
See www.snowvalley. ca for further information